Would you buy your family childhood home?

well my so called 'father' still lives in mine but once he's finally dead i shall have it knocked to the ground ...as forrest gump said "sometimes there aren't enough rocks" :mad:

Sorry you've had bad time with your father. I grew up in this house from age 4 but the area is in decline and it's creeping closer every day. I have great memories of my childhood here and moving won't change that.

my dad still lives in what i term the family home..........its a council house tho, i have thought about what when he dies, a large chunk of my growing up will go too :(

about 79/80 ish we moved there

My dad still lives in my childhood home, he moved in on his wedding day in 1953. He has always said he will only leave in a box, as mum did 5 years ago.

When he goes I will have the option of buying out my brother and sister, and I haven't yet decided whether or not to do that. I would only be moving 2 houses away as I currently live next door but one.

We were like blooming gypsies when I was young! Always seemed to be moving house. I think instead of re-decorating, my Mum would just put the house up for sale instead!!!

Two of the houses I would, the one in Burncross and the one at Grenoside. None of the others though, especially not the one above the Funeral Directors!!!

I grew up in a flat where my parents lived for all their married life, from the early 1930s to the late 1980s when my mum moved into a nursing home. They rented, because my father considered a mortgage to be a millstone!

I'd like it as somewhere to go for the occasional break, as the views of the River Tay are beautiful, but I'd not consider going back to live there. My family lives in the north of England now, and they are whats important.

If I could lift up the first house I remember living in, and drop it down in Sheffield, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. Rarely have I seen a 3-bed mid terrace with so much storage space, and all three bedrooms being good-sized double rooms.

Archived