Growing up as an only child.

I am an only child, never felt I was missing out because I didn't have siblings. I am blessed with two children (now in their 40's) we are very close, we don't have any other family. I have a good friend who was like an only child as her brother is 11 years older than her.and so we grew up together, and are still very good pals.

I have a sister but i wish i was an only child

I had TWO sisters and (sometimes) wished I was an only child! :hihi:

I remember having a lot of fun, when other kids couldn't play, we played with each other. Still, a lot to be said for not having to share all the damn time.

As kid I was brought up in New Zealand,my Dad was in the army,my mum was a funny lady,she was very cold and always seemed aloof I had a strange relationship with her ,dad on the other hand was a massive big bloke who stood over 6ft,he was a grate guy who loved me dearly and would do any thing for me,he always seemed to be away on some army thing somewhere,most of the time I was left to my own devises and I would spend my days frog catching fishing and exploring and climbing trees,being called selfish was something I could never understand as I never had any one to be selfish with,my wife says I am a self centred person, things like me getting up and making myself a cup of tea winds her up big fashion, but when she gets up to make a cup of tea she always makes me one at the same time,its the little things that I do that I realize are from my childhood as an only child,I never felt I was missing any thing but there were some times when I would dream about having a sister funny how it was always a sister I would always dream about having,I feel that I had a charmed life as a kid,and don't feel I missed out on any thing.

I am from a brood of 6 and I could never imagine being an only child. I loved all the tag-team wrestling, playstation tournaments, hide-and-seek in the dark when we were all little and the parents had gone out...

:(:(
:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: I was an orphan, I came home from school one day and my parents had moved:help::sad:
don,t start me on that not being wanted one,my Mum said to me I only had you becourse your dad wanted you and having you gave me vadicus veins, not a very nice thing to say to a young lad,but that was my mum I guess

Archived