Are there any such People as Work Study Engineers now?

desy

'Remember when Tidman’s recruited WSE to go and work in the US with promises of great wages.'

Yep, I was one of them. In the late 70's early 80's there were 30 to 40 WSE's from England in Southern California, I am still here and there are about 1/2 dozen who stayed on here. Interestingly, more and more companies are now advertizing for WSE's here - now called Industrial Engineers. Does Tidman’s still exist there?

Hi,

I knew a lot of the guys who went (and stayed). i.e. Tufty, John Briers, Martin Lodge, Dave Clare, Bernard Hargreaves, Trevor McAlister, Eddie Pope (RIP), Andy Resczynsky, which one are you ??

Bypassblade - when were you at Tungsten Carbide Developments - presume you mean the one at the end of the lane, off the top of Coisley Hill - Woodhouse ? I remember - Gerald Biggin, Margaret Fidler, Jack Eyre, John and the girls in the office, Jack Heeley, Eric Hoole, Alan the progress chaser etc and many more. Can see their faces but their names elude me at the moment. I seem to remember that it was taken over by another company around 1965, possibly.

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Malaysia

Hi Victor I was there 79, to 88 don't know those names must be before my time, I remember Ken Barlow, Brian & Jean Rivington, Cliff Humphries, Fred White, Jean Hancock, Olive Hughes, Joan Stewart to name but a few.:)

Archived