Teacher Sacked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-13278343

I really cannot believe it! How does this kind of <REMOVED> happen in our schools!

I am SO glad I didn't go to Teacher training college because my head would have exploded over this kind of thing. I have two children and if the teachers feel it necessary to lay hands on them, to move them to safety or prevent harm coming to them or their peers then they have my 100% support!

Guest sibon
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-13278343

I really cannot believe it! How does this kind of <REMOVED> happen in our schools!

I am SO glad I didn't go to Teacher training college because my head would have exploded over this kind of thing. I have two children and if the teachers feel it necessary to lay hands on them, to move them to safety or prevent harm coming to them or their peers then they have my 100% support!

There are ways and means of doing so, though.

It is perfectly acceptable for a teacher to lay hands on a pupil to move them to a place of safety, or to restrain them if necessary.

In this case, something out of the ordinary clearly happened. I guess that we will find out more after the appeal. The article is a little low on detail.

Apologies for the swearing, it's just the more I hear stories like this, and not being allowed to separate children who are fighting, not being allowed to comfort children who have hurt themselves, for fear they will be marked out as child abusers. They are there in LOCO PARENTIS (probably spelt wrong but..) If my child is involved in a fight (heaven forbid) I expect the teachers to separate the warring parties not worry that one of the parents is going to scream "child abuse" or "mental/physical cruelty"

I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking.

There should be no dicipline in skools, its about freedome of expression. That is how you learn

People often ask me - would you sack teachers who man handle, and I say yes

There should be no dicipline in skools, its about freedome of expression. That is how you learn

No it isn't. It's about education. You get ONE childhood, you get ONE opportunity to prepare yourself for the adult world out there. Do you think universities care that you can 'express yourself through finger paint' if you can't read or write! Which do you think an employer is going to be more interested in, the fact that you can express yourself in dance or your qualifications. IF you want to teach your children about self expression, if it is so important to you do it in the time YOU have with the children. I want my children to have every opportunity to express themselves by getting the job they want and will enjoy, not end up working for ASDA on minimum wage and wishing they had been to a 'better' school.

The article is a little low on detail.

A little low?

It's non-existent, other than two teachers have been sacked for "man handling" a child - moved to a place of safety - and that an appeal has been launched.

Well freedom has not aided your spelling.Discipline is about organisation ,being methodical and need not be oppressive.You would make a poor teacher with such an attitude,and kids would scoff at your attempys to befriend and indulge them.

Well freedom has not aided your spelling.Discipline is about organisation ,being methodical and need not be oppressive.You would make a poor teacher with such an attitude,and kids would scoff at your attempys to befriend and indulge them.

:hihi: sorry

Archived