Britain says NO to the Alternative Vote

I think voting should definitely be compulsory. It's shameful that so few vote. Many more moan though don't they?

i'm inclined to agree. with postal, online and poll voting there are many way it can be done. big companies with over a thousand staff on one complex could get their own ballot boxes etc.

People hate Nick Clegg for many reasons, so its no surprise really, the man is a prat and well out of depth. Is that the best leader the lib dums can come up with:hihi:

Clegg peaked in the pre-election interviews, since jumping into bed with Cameron its been all downhill, his party as now lost all the floating voters so its business as usual or as one of his own party put it..........

Speaking after the result, Chorley's Lib Dem leader Ken Ball said: "Nick Clegg has let the party down, he's put us back 40 years.

I voted Yes for AV as it would be a fairer way of choosing MP's.

However,unfortunately it could never win whilst Nick Clegg was in charge of the Libdems!

Rather a Catch 22 situation, since if Clegg had not joined a coalition with the Tories, there would not be a referendum.

It's even harder to win a referendum when there isn't one.

Rather a Catch 22 situation, since if Clegg had not joined a coalition with the Tories, there would not be a referendum.

It's even harder to win a referendum when there isn't one.

I thought Labour had promised the same if they'd have formed the coalition.

Rightly or wrongly, a lot of Libdem supporters wouldn't have been as aggrieved at that due to the similiarities of policies.

I thought Labour had promised the same if they'd have formed the coalition.

Labour chose not to pursue a coalition. As for similarity of policies, that's hard to judge; there are huge swathes of the Lib-Dem manifesto which were diametrically opposed to Labour policy, and are being implemented.

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the Politicians... :loopy:

It's your argument that's loopy. Why should you have to vote just to be given the right to complain? A complaint is not a good thing you know?

If you don't vote you have a right to complain about any party and, if you so wish, the system of government as a whole. Not voting is therefore very liberating. It's only if you do vote that you are suddenly tied up with having to justify the actions of your party- you become partly personally responsible.

It's your argument that's loopy. Why should you have to vote just to be given the right to complain? A complaint is not a good thing you know?

If you don't vote you have a right to complain about any party and, if you so wish, the system of government as a whole. Not voting is therefore very liberating. It's only if you do vote that you are suddenly tied up with having to justify the actions of your party- you become partly personally responsible.

Well said maybe people would think more about politics if they were held accountable for the actions of the party they vote for.

So come all you Labour voters pay up and get rid of the debt.:D

Archived