Parking Rip-Off (NCP fpr Lyceum Theatre)

Last week I went to the Lyceum in Sheffield to see Jeckyll & Hyde (which was excellent btw). My friend was driving, and not being familiar with Sheffield car parks she followed the signs for the NCP 'Theatre & Events' car park.

I appreciate that the snooker was on, and everyone was out to make a fast buck from it, but we were astonished to find ourselves having to pay £9.50 for just over 3hrs parking!

Heaven knows how much snooker fans staying a full day in the city were charged.

In addition to that, we'd been charged £4.80 for 2 tiny tubs of ice cream in the Lyceum.

Including the cost of the theatre tickets, the evening cost us over £80 and that didn't even include a bag of chips! This makes it a very expensive 'treat' that ordinary folk like us can't afford to do on a regular basis.

If Sheffield wants to encourage visitors, then the powers that be need to take a look at the cost...:(

Don't park there, simple as that! The one at the back of the bankers draft is equally extortionate. I don't go there anymore. There are other much cheaper car parks in Sheffield City Centre if you're willing to walk a little. As for Sheffield wanting more visitors, the powers that be do, but only if you travel by public transport!! Which I for one will never do unless forced as it works out more expensive than driving into town, parking for a couple of hours and then driving home!

In addition to that, we'd been charged £4.80 for 2 tiny tubs of ice cream in the Lyceum.

Including the cost of the theatre tickets, the evening cost us over £80 and that didn't even include a bag of chips! This makes it a very expensive 'treat' that ordinary folk like us can't afford to do on a regular basis.

Surely, its not a 'treat' if done on a regular basis?

Best thing to do is leave the car in a Park and Ride and go on the Tram... For the Lyceum, get off at the Cathedral and walk down Chapel Walk and across Norfolk Square.

Archived