Parking Rip-Off (NCP fpr Lyceum Theatre)

Last week I went to the Lyceum in Sheffield to see Jeckyll & Hyde (which was excellent btw). My friend was driving, and not being familiar with Sheffield car parks she followed the signs for the NCP 'Theatre & Events' car park.

I appreciate that the snooker was on, and everyone was out to make a fast buck from it, but we were astonished to find ourselves having to pay £9.50 for just over 3hrs parking!

Heaven knows how much snooker fans staying a full day in the city were charged.

In addition to that, we'd been charged £4.80 for 2 tiny tubs of ice cream in the Lyceum.

Including the cost of the theatre tickets, the evening cost us over £80 and that didn't even include a bag of chips! This makes it a very expensive 'treat' that ordinary folk like us can't afford to do on a regular basis.

If Sheffield wants to encourage visitors, then the powers that be need to take a look at the cost...:(

We don't want to encourage visitors. Parking, ice cream and even theatre tickets are all free for Sheffielders; but we don't like other people, so we charge them a lot.

We have regular meetings in the city centre (which we attend due to free transport), eat free hot-dogs, and vote on new ways to keep visitors from visiting us.

One way is this forum; people seem to think complaining here makes some sort of difference, instead of elucidating their issues to the venues/operators concerned.

We've won!

Archived