EDL or Bin Laden Nutters  

83 members have voted

1. 1. EDL or Bin Laden Nutters

• I support the EDL in this protest
    • I don't support the EDL in this protest
    • I wouldn't support the EDL whatever the reason
    • I support the Bin Laden supporters and their right to protest

My fault! :rolleyes:

It started off about Bin Laden's funeral, then went to Islamic extremists vs EDL extremists, then an EDL member came on and said that they were only against 'extreme' Muslims, not 'ordinary' Muslims, then I asked why, if the EDL had nothing against ordinary Muslims, did they campaign against the provision of halal meat then Frank came along and said that he had stopped eating meat as a 'precaution' against eating halal meat inadvertantly.

That is how we got here. Nowt wrong with going off-topic if it leads to a reasonable discussion. :hihi:

John X

Ah I see, thanks for explaining. I must apologise to frank, though he does seem to remember more about me than I do of him!:suspect:;)

There's no need to apologise, its all good fun. HRH The Duke of Dore..:hihi:

I agree, tonight is the first time I have noticed you on here as far as I recall, you seem to have a good sense of fun about you though. I like that in a person.:thumbsup:

how is halal meat prepared?

That depends on what branch of Islam you follow, but generally speaking, the animal needs to be sourced from an approved person, slaughtered by a Muslim, Christian or Jew while mentioning Allah, then hung until it is free of blood. There are the usual regulations about clean tools, knives, bowls etc.

That is what I meant when I said earlier that halal and kosher meat are always of higher than average quality. If you are going to be that fussy over your meat preparation, then you are not going to get it from some bloke in a van at the local car boot! ;)

John X

Melanie Phillips has it spot on here.

Err... no she doesn't.

She is comparing the actions of the SOE against senior Nazis during the war with US forces actions against Bin Laden.

The difference is that we were at war with the Nazis in 1940 and the targets of the SOE were enemy combatants. Bin Laden is a criminal who should have been captured and brought to trial.

Despite what many on here would like to believe, no-one is at war with al Quaeda.

John X

Archived