EDL or Bin Laden Nutters  

83 members have voted

1. 1. EDL or Bin Laden Nutters

• I support the EDL in this protest
    • I don't support the EDL in this protest
    • I wouldn't support the EDL whatever the reason
    • I support the Bin Laden supporters and their right to protest

I do.

But time and time again when I try to get to the bottom of people's worries (which I will freely admit are genuinely felt, even if not based in fact), I find that a large amount of 'fear of immigration' is based on the same half truths and lies that seem to keep circulating and when you try to dissect some of the facts and figures no-one seems to know them or will just post links to migrationwatch, the BNP or the Daily Mail all of which have their own particular agendas on the issue.

The fact is that immigration into the UK reached a peak in 2006 and has been steadily declining ever since. As this decline looks set to continue, those who claim an imminent crisis are just scare-mongering and feeding into a popular belief in some quarters that we are being 'swamped by immigrants'.

Pandering to that popular belief, as has been done by all three main political parties, is like telling a genuinely scared child that yes the bogeyman does exist but we will kill him, instead of saying I know you are scared but please don't be, because there is no such thing as the bogeyman.

John X

Where do you get your figures from..the office for national statistics dont say that

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=260

How many white faces could you rely on to be around after you've been run over by a bus and taken to hospital? When you're being rushed in on a stretcher to Emergency and need a couple of doctors and staff to save you from death's door? Worth the wait for whitey to show up ? :hihi:

My dentist is from India, the hygenist who cleans my teeth from Iran, my doctor of south American ancestry, the gradener a Mexican and the people who clean and prepare my hotel room also from south America or Mexico.

The fruit and vegetables I eat picked by immigrant labour.

I'd agree with there's no difference in what origin the Dr, Nurse and Dentist has. Although, to open up another can of worm those who are trained outside of Europe and N.America are not as competent as those trained there.

Furthermore, I believe that falling standards in the NHS re MRSA and the like are the result of overseas workers not being up to standards previously seen in the NHS.

I'll qualify this before everyone jumps up and down. Its not the people, but their training that is not as good...

My apologies.

The highest point was actually 2004 so we have seen a net decline in immigration figures for not 5 but nearly 7 years now!

Thanks for pointing that out to me. :)

John X

It doesnt look like the graphs dropping to me..take a look at the sharp increases up to from 93 upwards ,thats where the problems began and its those numbers that continue to affect this country ,a couple of thousand + or - in the last few years cannot erase those figures,there is still over half a million entering this country on a yearly basis.The population of London on May 10th 2011 is approximately 7,771,139. now tell me the claim in my signature are wrong...

That's like saying that the US is at war with anonymous.

How the <REMOVED> can you be at war with disparate groups is totally mental.

Which version?

Not all, just some (of which group certain posters on here are part of - and pro

Something the US were soooo concerned about that IRA funding from the US increased after these events.

The hypocrisy of the US at it's best:rolleyes:

If you don't like it, then simply ignore the thread. By posting on it you're giving it you're adding more legitimacy to it.

Crivens. It's captain cretin.

What's a "polital"?:rolleyes:

He's not stupid, he's a moron:thumbsup:.

We elected a new government, one that won't roll over for the US. We probably pulled out as it wasn't our war. It was one that the US conned us into.

Do try and get you facts right before posting them on an open forum, otherwise, you'll end up looking foolish.

For the record, it was the Scottish prosecutors that made the decision, not the UK government.

What's a "gradener" when it's at home?

How have the innocent people that have been executed been compensated?

Have the people who passed the sentence also been executed?

Where, exactly, do you consider "round here" to be?

That depends on the language used and previous experience of the user making the comments.

ive temporarily moved back to an area where i last lived in 1990 - firth park, the change is almost too much for me to bear, in my opinion almost total squalor not that it ever was that good in 1990, now everyone from firth park have a pop and ask 'what squalor' etc etc :(

It doesnt look like the graphs dropping to me..

Well at least we have something here which is not a matter of opinion.

If you draw a line from the top of the high point in 2004 to the top of the bar for 2010 (I know it is not there but the figure will be less than that of 2009 according to all informed opinion)

That line you have drawn will slope down. Now all that in itself tells us is that the figure for 2010 is less than 2004. If however you draw a line of best fit to include the top of all bars along that line (including the two peaks of 2007 and 2009) you will see that this line also slopes downwards, showing a net decline in the figures since 2004 with two blips (07 and 09).

Given the recent changes brought in by the coalition government, this downward trend is likely to continue.

As for the figures from 1993 upwards, what are you suggesting we do? Repatriate all those who emigrated here since then? :confused:

John X

I thought a Yank killed him ?..how can you have the words efficient and American in the same sentence ?
I will not insult you. Its not worth my spit I'll just treat you with contempt.:hihi:

I will not insult you. Its not worth my spit I'll just treat you with contempt.:hihi:

I can't understand why a lot of people are so hostile to Americans on here. I and most normal British people think you lot are ok. You gave us the Killers and the Kings Of Leon for Christ's sake what more can we ask!

That's like saying that the US is at war with anonymous.

How the <REMOVED> can you be at war with disparate groups is totally mental.

Which version?

Not all, just some (of which group certain posters on here are part of - and probably support the IRA).

Something the US were soooo concerned about that IRA funding from the US increased after these events.

The hypocrisy of the US at it's best:rolleyes:

If you don't like it, then simply ignore the thread. By posting on it you're giving it you're adding more legitimacy to it.

Crivens. It's captain cretin.

What's a "polital"?:rolleyes:

He's not stupid, he's a moron:thumbsup:.

We elected a new government, one that won't roll over for the US. We probably pulled out as it wasn't our war. It was one that the US conned us into.

Do try and get you facts right before posting them on an open forum, otherwise, you'll end up looking foolish.

For the record, it was the Scottish prosecutors that made the decision, not the UK government.

What's a "gradener" when it's at home?

How have the innocent people that have been executed been compensated?

Have the people who passed the sentence also been executed?

Where, exactly, do you consider "round here" to be?

That depends on the language used and previous experience of the user making the comments.

So you're back Little OBL. Last time I talked to you you snuck off then when I was offline left a bunch of comments that reminded me of a hysterical immature infant. :hihi:

Archived