83 members have voted

1. 1. EDL or Bin Laden Nutters

• I support the EDL in this protest
    • I don't support the EDL in this protest
    • I wouldn't support the EDL whatever the reason
    • I support the Bin Laden supporters and their right to protest

So the truth is not good enough?

Would you prefer a load of lies?

I would like to see the non jihadist british muslims hold a counter protest to the jihadist nutters. until then the truth is not known.

totalitarianism

imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed

How is every person in the county having the choice to vote which government they want even close to totalitarianism. We vote and if our choice of government is what the majority want we accept it until the next chance to vote. It’s not ideal for the losers but it’s the system we want.

And if you remove the right to demonstrate? even if that demonstration is by a minority? Do you advocate the removal of all minorities to demonstrate? inc the Green party? Major organisations do not become mainstream overnight, they evolve and only able to through democracy. Voting is a democratic right do you advocate the removal of that? Or is it a case of pick and choose.

There were only several hundred muslims on that demo, so I guess the answer is that the other 1,999,000 British Muslims were going about their ordinary business.

And probably not even aware of the demo's. I spose we could order them to protest against the protesters. Hang on..

And if you remove the right to demonstrate? even if that demonstration is by a minority? Do you advocate the removal of all minorities to demonstrate? inc the Green party? Major organisations do not become mainstream overnight, they evolve and only able to through democracy. Voting is a democratic right do you advocate the removal of that? Or is it a case of pick and choose.

When did I advocate the removal of the right to vote, why do minority parties need to demonstrate, if they are unhappy about something they can express it through the media, internet, party political broadcasts. There is no need to cause disruption to everyone else to express their views. When it’s time to vote the people will then decide who they trust to run the country for the next five years.

I'm shocked and saddened by this.

I'm no fan of the EDL. I'm no fan muslim extremists.

I am concerned by some peoples reaction that 'ignoring this' is the best policy. Ignoring either side, who both breed hatred, is very foolish indeed. The poster who posted footage of the German lady protesting, is perhaps on the same wavelength as I am. Hitler was largely ignored for many years until the socio-economic factors were ripe for his rise to power. People who stir up hatred, declare war on other sections of society, and promote violence need to be challenged. There seems to be regular demonstrations of hatred from both sides and these seem to go largely unreported on TV and in 'more reputable' newspapers, as seems to be the case with countless other newsworthy protests. I understand the arguments for not giving either group 'airtime' but it concerns me that the activities of such groups are largely ignored by the media. "In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing." Ed Burke.

Archived