Four lanes chippy, Hillsborough

had fish and chips from the titles chippy the other day, and can quite easily say that its the best peice of cod ive ever had, ive had some amazing fish and chips from the likes of whitby and cleepthorpes but the four lanes managed to top them all.

certainly will be going back there soon.

p.s the fish was that good, i had a harry met sally experience and im a man !!!!!

Shhh, don't shout about it too much as there's already always a queue! :hihi:

Me and hubby had some of their lovely chips and fish yesterday. It's never less than perfect and I even enjoy their mushy peas - I don't usually like them much.

chip shops up here are weird. you all eat your evening meals at about 4 in the afternoon as far as i can gather!

i live minutes away from the four lanes, and have yet to try it - any time we think of having fish and chips for a friday / saturday treat, it's already shut! and i mean half seven at night, not exactly kicking out time!

to be fair, it seems to be the norm - my mother in law was visiting, and they ended up driving all round S6 and beyond at 8 at night one saturday, looking for a chippy, and they were all blimmin shut! am i going to have to get used to having my evening meal at 5pm if i want fish and chips in sheffield? :)

i love four lanes but can never fathom it's opening hours......it seems to open on a "when we feel like it" basis.

the fish and chip shop opposite kfc on middlewood road (that has been closed for 2 years+) is now recruiting staff .... lets hope it has sensible hours (at least 5pm-9pm mon-sun) and yummy food.

Very nice venue, clean, excelent food, very good service, then after your meal a nice stroll on the sea front before a lesurly 1 hour drive back too Sheffield

STEELES CORNER HOUSE FISH and CHIP RESTUARANT

10-12 Market Street

Cleethorpes

N E Lincs

DN35 8LY

For Bookings and General Enquiries

TelephoneTelephone 01472 692644

http://www.steelscornerhouse.co.uk/

A typical years shopping list includes

6,500 stone of Haddock Fillets

100 tonne of potatoes

42,000 eggs