Krisalis Software, Teque House, Rotherham

21 years ago I did a week's work experience from School at Krisalis Software at Teque House in Rotherham, does anyone know if they're still there? I'd like to contact them and see if they have any IT based job vacancies.

I doubt they'd remember the 14 year old me from 21 years ago, but anything's worth a pop right?

If I remember correctly, it was some of the guys from Gremlin Graphics that started Krisalis?

I think they now make games on the 360 & PS3, Sega All Stars Racing being one of them..

I might be wrong though, but I think they're now called Sumo Digital, based in Sheffield somewhere (Attercliffe area).

If I remember correctly, it was some of the guys from Gremlin Graphics that started Krisalis?

I think they now make games on the 360 & PS3, Sega All Stars Racing being one of them..

I might be wrong though, but I think they're now called Sumo Digital, based in Sheffield somewhere (Attercliffe area).

I think I've seen the Sumo Digital place, it's on the road that goes down to Meadowhall iirc.

Tony Kavanaugh is still in games and now runs http://www.kavcom.co.uk/

Shaun Hollingworth, wrote a successful disc/file encryption system that ended up being called "DriveCrypt". http://www.securstar.com/home.php

Pete Harrap left the games industry for a while, but is now back converting the bitmap bro's game "Z" to the iPad. http://www.kavcom.co.uk/2011/04/03/kavcom-links-licensing-deal-for-the-bitmap-brothers-classic-z/

There's no connection, though some ex-krysalis staff work at Sumo Digital, it is not in anyway connected to Krysalis.

Was that in test with Steve Sumner?

I dont' remember you I'm afraid but I was there 21 years ago ;)

No mate, one of the guys I remember was Pete Harrap, I remember him cos he worked on one of my fave Spectrum games, the Flintstones in the mid 80s.

No mate, one of the guys I remember was Pete Harrap, I remember him cos he worked on one of my fave Spectrum games, the Flintstones in the mid 80s.

Decent bloke Pete. Don't remember the Flintstones, but he did write Monty Mole (which I loved).

Decent bloke Pete. Don't remember the Flintstones, but he did write Monty Mole (which I loved).

Monty Mole was a classic, quite hard though iirc.

Archived