Heeley bottom 1960s-1970s

The bridge pub had a juke box in the back room that had a button at the back that if you pressed it it would play freebies, trouble is it would go on to some Doris Day boring song then some one would press it again and the stones would come and the place would go mad, I can remember being in there one night and PC Bob Fox walked in he was a real nasty copper and no one liked him, I was under age for going in pubs at the time,so I shot out the back and into the yard,but he saw me and shot after me, there is a river at the back and a wall with a least a ten foot drop so over the wall I went and splash into the stinky water and under the bridge and hid there standing in the freezing cold water,I know were you live Tommy and I will be waiting for you he shouted , sure enough as I got round the corner to our house there he was waiting out side my house sat in his mogie minor.:mad:

Remember Foxy well 1970 in his moggie minor police car. He seemed to spend a lot of time in a newsagent called Hunters near the royal. He would not think twice about hitting kids, he once lifted me of my feet with a punch i was 13-14 at the time. My only crime was i would not go home when he told me to at 9pm walking my dog.

Remember Foxy well 1970 in his moggie minor police car. He seemed to spend a lot of time in a newsagent called Hunters near the royal. He would not think twice about hitting kids, he once lifted me of my feet with a punch i was 13-14 at the time. My only crime was i would not go home when he told me to at 9pm walking my dog.
Can you remember his sidekick pc Kennedy big fat red faced Welch copper he was a so and so to,if I remember right Foxy made Sargent up at woodseats cop shop at one time don't think he would get away with any thing he did then now, mind you we used to give them the run around big time in them days .

Can you remember his sidekick pc Kennedy big fat red faced Welch copper he was a so and so to,if I remember right Foxy made Sargent up at woodseats cop shop at one time don't think he would get away with any thing he did then now, mind you we used to give them the run around big time in them days .

Yes your correct Foxy did get the stripes, Felix who i mentioned called him the town sheriff often to his face (i dont think Foxy hit blokes)

I think Kennedy chased us a few times, he puffed and blew into his radio for assistance trying to catch us but he was to slow and we were young.

As kids everytime we seen Foxy we would run, he made us that way. Its funny now to think if they caught us we would get a minnimum of a few slaps but running from coppers like foxy seemed funny at the time. I also remember he was one of those who wore his cap close over his eyes like he was an ex soldier?

Yes your correct Foxy did get the stripes, Felix who i mentioned called him the town sheriff often to his face (i dont think Foxy hit blokes)

I think Kennedy chased us a few times, he puffed and blew into his radio for assistance trying to catch us but he was to slow and we were young.

As kids everytime we seen Foxy we would run, he made us that way. Its funny now to think if they caught us we would get a minnimum of a few slaps but running from coppers like foxy seemed funny at the time. I also remember he was one of those who wore his cap close over his eyes like he was an ex soldier?

I can remember both of them coppers if they caught you it would a good slapping about in the back of there moggie minor, or a sok in the juts or a boot up the back side,when I think back to them days they were not very nice bully boys,I was a bad lad in them days but not as bad as the things they get up to these days.

I lived near the co-op you mention in the 1970s it also had a frozen food co-op next door. Im not sure if you know but a mosk has been built there now.
Only me you say you lived near the co op, did you know the wilson family Noel was a friend of mine ginger haired lad lived at the end of woolsley road.

do you remember leao the door man at the colosseum if he was at the front door you could sneak round the back doors, used to have a good mate on glover rd jeff deacon,sadly passed away, also remember the mayfields, saunders, kirkoffs, etc, days beer off shop you could buy woodbines one at a time around the middle sixties great times.

Only me you say you lived near the co op, did you know the wilson family Noel was a friend of mine ginger haired lad lived at the end of woolsley road.

Yes i did know Noel i often went to their house on Gifford rd. He had two younger brothers, the youngest who was my mate was Dean (Deano) We used to use dog language a lot back in the day lol.

Yes i did know Noel i often went to their house on Gifford rd. He had two younger brothers, the youngest who was my mate was Dean (Deano) We used to use dog language a lot back in the day lol.

I haven't seen Noel for about 25 years shame as we were good mates at one time. that dog language is that were you take the first letter and put at the back of the word or something like that, Noel used to do that talk if I remember.

I haven't seen Noel for about 25 years shame as we were good mates at one time. that dog language is that were you take the first letter and put at the back of the word or something like that, Noel used to do that talk if I remember.

Thats right about the dog lingo. Im almost sure i seen Noel up Woodseats a few year ago. I remember they moved on the frazer estate when their house was demolished possibly late 70s. Mr Wilson was a wirey little bloke like Deano and brought the lads up to be hard.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but noel passed away a few years ago, i am a friend of his brother tony

deano lives in dubia now

Archived