Is this true? Israel attacked USS Liberty?

And currently its quite fashionable to be racist towards the israelis.

Err.. how can you be racist towards the citizens of a country especially when that country is made up of a number of different races? :confused:

John X

Because someone is recalling reading a teletype message in '67. Where did the teletype message originate from?

The National Security Agency.

Who typed the teletype message?

US intelligence listening post in crete

Was the typist unbiased or part of some sort of skulduggery on the US side? How good is the recallee's memory? Is there anything else to substantiate this claim?

Plenty of corroborating witnesses to many parts of the incident.

Have a look at the Chicago Tribune Story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/eedition/chi-liberty_tuesoct02,0,43090.story?page=1

It's tinfoil hat stuff to think that it wasn't a deliberate attack on US materiel, Liberty was flying an extra large American flag, and the Torpedo boats opened fire on liferafts.

The voice recorder transcripts (the ones that didn't mysteriously disappear that is) make it clear the pilots knew the ship was American.

What does everyone else think happened?

It's tinfoil hat stuff to think that it wasn't a deliberate attack on US materiel, Liberty was flying an extra large American flag, and the Torpedo boats opened fire on liferafts.

The voice recorder transcripts (the ones that didn't mysteriously disappear that is) make it clear the pilots knew the ship was American.

What does everyone else think happened?

I have absolutely no idea what happened, I haven't read up on the event and tbh it's not the sort of thing I'd be interested in.

I was just larfing at the claim that you hang around Tinhat Alley.

Archived