"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

Research on why criminals target who they do is hard to do for obvious reasons, I read a summary of some research on this a while back & a study of 'street criminals' and by far the dominant factor was how vulnerable any potential target appeared to be. Vulnerability was judged by factors such as:

• location - potential for escape, being interupted...
  • age - very young & very old obviously seen as more vulnerable
  • size & general physical condition - punier the better
  • signs of intoxication
  • body language ie. those appearing scared, or nervou, hunched shoulders etc - were seen as less likely to resist

Basically it was all about how successful any given attack was likely to be.

A woman dressed "slutty" is no more vulnerable than a woman dressed demurely.

I'd agree that location is a major factor in serious sexual assault. But the seriousness and types of offence we're talking about are varied and no doubt someone else would / could come up with different set of stats.

I'd agree that location is a major factor in serious sexual assault. But the seriousness and types of offence we're talking about are varied and no doubt someone else would / could come up with different set of stats.

Oh please, are you seriously saying that you doubt that a knock down drunk, slight girl, nervously walking home dressed demurely is going to be seen as a more likely target to a would be attacker than say a sober, prop forward female rugby player in a mini skirt confidently striding home?

Criminals like everyone else tend to pick and choose their activities based upon their best judgement of likelihood of success.

You haven't presented the slightest evidence that the packaging a potential victim is in has the slightest relevance to anything.

Oh please, are you seriously saying that you doubt that a knock down drunk, slight girl, nervously walking home dressed demurely is going to be seen as a more likely target to a would be attacker than say a sober, prop forward female rugby player in a mini skirt confidently striding home?

Criminals like everyone else tend to pick and choose their activities based upon their best judgement of likelihood of success.

You haven't presented the slightest evidence that the packaging a potential victim is in has the slightest relevance to anything.

I've mentioned the police officer, who, I'm sure, has more experience in the matter than you.

And you may like rugby players in drag, but not me, takes all sorts I suppose :hihi:

I've mentioned the police officer, who, I'm sure, has more experience in the matter than you.

And you may like rugby players in drag, but not me, takes all sorts I suppose :hihi:

The police officer has apologised for his comments.

He can't because there is no evidence. He is making things up to suit his story.:roll:

He can't because there is no evidence. He is making things up to suit his story.:roll:

Why are you behaving like a sulking child? Don't you have a pile of money to count? If you're bored why don't you slip into some sexy underwear and roll on your extensive lawn? Or sommat:hihi:

C'mon Frank surely you understand your stance on this is way off mark.

I wonder what this experienced police officers advice would have been if the victim was male?

Stop dressing so hunky...wear hotpants next time?

Why are you behaving like a sulking child? Don't you have a pile of money to count? If you're bored why don't you slip into some sexy underwear and roll on your extensive lawn? Or sommat:hihi:

Just pointing out that you are making things up. No offence intended.:)

C'mon Frank surely you understand your stance on this is way off mark.

I wonder what this experienced police officers advice would have been if the victim was male?

Stop dressing so hunky...wear hotpants next time?

No I'm afraid I don't.:D

A sexily dressed man would, in my opinion, have much more chance of being beaten up. I don't know about raped.:suspect:

And that's the second time you've tried to divert the discussion to include scantily dressed males. To each his own I suppose. There are internet sites you know if you're into all that :o:D

Archived