What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

Can you suggest an example?

By not walking alone late at night.

By not Leaving drinks unattended in night clubs

By not leaving their mates to bugger off with some bloke they pulled 10 minutes earlier.

None of these in any way condone rape or excuse it, they are simply common situations which I've personally witnessed where women(wearing whatever)could prevent it happening to them.

Is a woman who takes a lift in a strangers car when drunk 'asking for it'?

She puts herself in "dangerous" situation wouldn't you agree, same as anyone else in that situation?

What about my other example, have you any opinions on that?

Some don't give a rats ass about that ron.

How can I without knowing the situation you have in mind? Some victims of rape may have been able to prevent it if they'd used more caution. Some may have had no way of preventing it. Depends on the situation you have in mind doesn't it.

So now you are saying that when a woman steps out of the door she has to juggle with what and how others may see her as a victim?

Rape doesn't have a set of guideline "situations" other than the victim is the result of the perps actions.

Your view seems to be that because what a woman wears you have the right to act on what she thinks because of what she wears. (she dressed like a slut so therefore she is a slut and that justifies my actions) Women have the right to look sluttish, they also have the right to chose who they are sexual with. Women cannot defend themselves against a rapist as there is no given criteria, other than being female.

By not walking alone late at night.

By not Leaving drinks unattended in night clubs

By not leaving their mates to bugger off with some bloke they pulled 10 minutes earlier.

None of these in any way condone rape or excuse it, they are simply common situations which I've personally witnessed where women(wearing whatever)could prevent it happening to them.

All of which are evidence based, and can be equally given to men and women.

None of which are used by an attacker, police officer, defense lawyer or judge, to apportion blame.

So now you are saying that when a woman steps out of the door she has to juggle with what and how others may see her as a victim?

Rape doesn't have a set of guideline "situations" other than the victim is the result of the perps actions.

Your view seems to be that because what a woman wears you have the right to act on what she thinks because of what she wears. (she dressed like a slut so therefore she is a slut and that justifies my actions) Women have the right to look sluttish, they also have the right to chose who they are sexual with. Women cannot defend themselves against a rapist as there is no given criteria, other than being female.

Sounds all very good and noble in theory but my main concern is for the guys who might get so turned on they can't control themselves and make a big error of judgement.

Do they have any rights?

Yes!! Absolutely. We all judge people we see. You can pretend all you want that you're better than that and don't do it but that only shows me that you're a liar.

Posted by ronthenekred

Were not talking 'blame'. You didn't ask me who was to blame. You asked what a woman could do to prevent being raped.

Posted by ronthenekred

Of course women have the right to look sluttish. If that's how they wish to express their character and project their inner self good on em, I'll be leering at them as much as the next man... assuming the next man isn't a rapist.

Archived