"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

They do though. It's all well and good thinking idealistically, but the real world isn't like that at all. It's time people stopped being so pig headed and acknowledged that the world isn't and most probably never will be the place we'd all like it to be. It's a vile, vulgar and violent place, and if anyone is of the mind to defiantly prance around wearing next to nothing you'd soon realise.

.....it's all the fault of women who dress sluttish. :roll:

Polite request: If you expect me to reply could you Quote me in the proper way.

:huh:I never quoted you so how can I quote you in a proper way?

Personally I find you wierd, on the one hand you protect the right for someone to wear what they like and behave however they want

Within the law yes, and your problem with that is?

yet when someone expresses an opinion that runs contrary to that you're ready to fire off the insults, the labelling and the acussations..

I made observations based on Chris's statement, a statement I totally agreed with. On the other hand you felt it was aimed at you personally. That says more about you than it does about what I said. It was an opinion which ironically runs contrary to your opinion which you now accuse me of. Yes I am wired "wierd" if you read it as it's spelt. You on the other hand really are weird.

arf arf!

I tend to always judge based on my own standards and morality, how else would I?

Not at all. I'm saying what you most probably have thought at some time but dare not say in fear of the backlash. I've already stated that I'm not condoning rape nor am I excusing rapists. My posts have nothing to do with blame since the rapist would be to blame in any situation. My posts are related to the prevention of rape in the examples you asked me to give you... remember?

Of course they do, but that wouldn't be sexually motivated would it. If a woman dressed like a:

not by the thought of committing the act of rape on any old victim.

Which just shows that you really really don't understand rape at all. It isn't about men feeling 'horny', it's about power.

They do though. It's all well and good thinking idealistically, but the real world isn't like that at all. It's time people stopped being so pig headed and acknowledged that the world isn't and most probably never will be the place we'd all like it to be. It's a vile, vulgar and violent place, and if anyone is of the mind to defiantly prance around wearing next to nothing you'd soon realise.

You really aren't getting it are you?

It's not the dancing wearing next to nothing that's vile, vulgar and violent - hundreds of thousands of people do that every weekend.

What's vile, vulgar and violent are some of the men who see the fact that a woman is dressed a certain way as a green light to abuse assault and rape her.

Personally I find you wierd, on the one hand you protect the right for someone to wear what they like and behave however they want yet when someone expresses an opinion that runs contrary to that you're ready to fire off the insults, the labelling and the acussations..

Do you not accept this part?

Do you think men should have the right to dictate what women wear?

Is someone going to teach me a lesson the next time I go to the beach in my speedo's then? Or will I be okay since I don't prance?

What's vile, vulgar and violent are some of the men who see the fact that a woman is dressed a certain way as a green light to abuse assault and rape her.

I don't think that this has even been well established. It's an assertion made by the few people that think telling women how to dress is acceptable, there's been no evidence for it apart from the backwards argument that it's used as a defence in rape trials and therefore must be the truth!

Which just shows that you really really don't understand rape at all. It isn't about men feeling 'horny', it's about power.

It can be about power, it doesn't mean it is about power. Plenty of people rape simply because they want sex. No point throwing around this power word when that simply isn't always the case. It's an overused buzz word.

Plus, this issue isn't just about rape anyway, it is about sexual asualt. Sexual assault =/= rape.

Do you not accept this part?

Do you think men should have the right to dictate what women wear?

I haven't got a problem with what people wear or how they behave and this has nothing to do with "men" dictating.

There's nothing stopping me walking down the middle of the road if I choose, or wearing a KKK outfit in some ethnic enclaved area but there's a good chance I will get injured.

I wonder how a jury would react to those set of circumstances..

Plenty of people rape simply because they want sex.

Rape is a violation and thus is about power. Sex can be found with willing partners, it can even bought if that is simply what one desires. You can argue that it is about sex and power, but if it was purely about the enjoyment of the sexual act then why force it upon a person who is unwilling?

In all-male communities, prison being an obvious example, rape takes place. It's done as a form of control, of asserting oneself. It happens within bachelor groups of primates so it isn't limited to humanity either.

Archived