"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

I don't think that this has even been well established. It's an assertion made by the few people that think telling women how to dress is acceptable, there's been no evidence for it apart from the backwards argument that it's used as a defence in rape trials and therefore must be the truth!

Well there's also this experienced Police Officer giving some advice and no doubt there's a lot more coppers who could tell those who enjoy getting hysterical about such things a thing or two about such matters..

Rape is a violation and thus is about power. Sex can be found with willing partners, it can even bought if that is simply what one desires. You can argue that it is about sex and power, but if it was purely about the enjoyment of the sexual act then why force it upon a person who is unwilling?

In all-male communities, prison being an obvious example, rape takes place. It's done as a form of control, of asserting oneself. It happens within bachelor groups of primates so it isn't limited to humanity either.

It also happens to be one of the top sexual fantasies.

Rape is a violation and thus is about power. Sex can be found with willing partners, it can even bought if that is simply what one desires. You can argue that it is about sex and power, but if it was purely about the enjoyment of the sexual act then why force it upon a person who is unwilling?

In all-male communities, prison being an obvious example, rape takes place. It's done as a form of control, of asserting oneself. It happens within bachelor groups of primates so it isn't limited to humanity either.

Yes it can be a form of control and it can be all about power, but at the same time it is possible that someone has raped simply because they want sex, nothing else. It does happen. A person such as that would force it upon an unwilling person because they are doing it for their own enjoyment, not the enjoyment of the victim.

If I mugged someone it would be about the money, not the power.

A better comparison is that if someone was willing to give you £50, but you enjoyed taking £50 off a person by using violence, then the crime would be motivated by power.

A better comparison is that if someone was willing to give you £50, but you enjoyed taking £50 off a person by using violence, then the crime would be motivated by power.

Indeed, fair point. You get what I'm saying though. Even if you don't agree.

.....it's all the fault of women who dress sluttish. :roll:
No. It's the fault of the attacker. Disagreeing with me doesn't alter the fact that most people consider it sluttish to dress sluttish. This isn't a Miss World contest ron, there's no obligation to spew out endless insincere bullcrap and be seen to be saying all the right things on here.

Posted by ronthenekred

:huh:I never quoted you so how can I quote you in a proper way?

Exactly!

It would make it easier for me to reply to you if you took a little time to place a quote tag before any sections of my posts which you are "Quoting" instead of just placing your replies in between sections of my posts in contrast blue. Unless you actually place a Quote tag in front of the section you are "Quoting", you're replies(in contrast blue)don't appear in my Quote box.

It makes things flow better ron.

Which just shows that you really really don't understand rape at all. It isn't about men feeling 'horny', it's about power.
I know it's about power. I said as much at the end of my post. Have another read, it's the last sentence which you haven't emboldened Halibut.:rolleyes:

Archived