"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

You really aren't getting it are you?

It's not the dancing wearing next to nothing that's vile, vulgar and violent - hundreds of thousands of people do that every weekend.

What's vile, vulgar and violent are some of the men who see the fact that a woman is dressed a certain way as a green light to abuse assault and rape her.

I KNOW!!!

That's why I'm calling these women irresponsible for doing it.

Human nature isn't going to suddenly change simply because laws on human rights and codes of morality say everyone as a right to be treated with dignity and respect.

Laws can only punish the perp after the event but they offer no protection to a potential victim. That's why women need to use a bit of common instead of thinking; 'sod it'!... if I want to dress like a slut I will.

I'm talking about cause and affect Halibut. It's not about holding the victim accountable for being raped, it's about realising that the idealistic views we hold count for nothing out there.

What other animal hunts it's prey out of sadistic pleasure. None!!

No idealistic view will ever alter that Halibut, although I'm sure you'll disagree.

most people consider it sluttish to dress sluttish.

What an utterly absurd assertion - for this to be true there would have to be a concensus about what the word 'slut' means.

The way you use it is to dehumanise and denigrate any woman whose sexual behaviour you dissaprove of.

Is someone going to teach me a lesson the next time I go to the beach in my speedo's then? Or will I be okay since I don't prance?
I'd say you'd be OK Cyclone.

However, were you to strut around a night club provocatively dressed as a skin head thinking you're Tommy ten men, you'd most probably get the desired reaction from someone before too long.

Cause and affect Cyclone.

I KNOW!!!

That's why I'm calling these women irresponsible for doing it.

Human nature isn't going to suddenly change simply because laws on human rights and codes of morality say everyone as a right to be treated with dignity and respect.

Laws can only punish the perp after the event but they offer no protection to a potential victim. That's why women need to use a bit of common instead of thinking; 'sod it'!... if I want to dress like a slut I will.

I'm talking about cause and affect Halibut. It's not about holding the victim accountable for being raped, it's about realising that the idealistic views we hold count for nothing out there.

What other animal hunts it's prey out of sadistic pleasure. None!!

No idealistic view will ever alter that Halibut, although I'm sure you'll disagree.

I'd give up if I were you, they don't get that some men see women dressed in a certain way as looking for sex....

What an utterly absurd assertion - for this to be true there would have to be a concensus about what the word 'slut' means.

The way you use it is to dehumanise and denigrate any woman whose sexual behaviour you dissaprove of.

Why do you think children who are abused should change their behaviour to avoid assault but not women?

Why do you think children who are abused should change their behaviour to avoid assault but not women?

I've never said they should. Nowhere in the discussion about girls and young women being targeted for grooming did I suggest that the victims were in any way responsible for the situation they were in and needed to change it.

What I did say was that they were vulnerable because of the situations they were in.

OK Halibut, I've read enough of your nonsense for one day. Why have you stated in other posts that you disagree with women being commercially sexualised?

To clarify what I mean- What is it that you dislike about it?

Just for the record. I'm not expecting you to answer this one.

Bye Halibut!

I've never said they should. Nowhere in the discussion about girls and young women being targeted for grooming did I suggest that the victims were in any way responsible for the situation they were in and needed to change it.

What I did say was that they were vulnerable because of the situations they were in.

Product of broken home, lack of adult supervision, lack of adult care and love ( therefore desperate for love and affection ), likely to have already experimented with alcohol or other drugs, are materially poor (easy to impress with gifts of money, clothes, booze, weed)....I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I can't think of many Pakistani British girls that fit that bill, can you?

It seems like it to me. The post says, more or less, their circumstances are the reason they are abused?

Cats, dogs, killer whales, some birds...I could go on, but you get the picture...

I'm failing to see the picture Actually. Are you saying these animals are doing it to satisfy their sadistic urges? Urges that(as far as I am aware)only humans are consciously aware of?

Archived