"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

Would you say "you did nothing wrong, it is his responsibility to control his own behaviour and attacking you is never justified"; or would you say "you shouldn't've behaved like a slut"?

Both, except I would use better wording than that. Why would any Father want their daughter going out acting like a slut?

In my hypothesis you don't know if she did or not. She could've been a bastion of fine womanhood. You just have one man's judgement on her.

Oh I get you. In that case yes, I wouldn't just take his word for it, it is wrong regardless of how she was acting.

It wasn't commenting on, it was telling them what to do in a misogynistic way.

"women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimised"

So women dressing like a slut (which is subjective and offensive not objective) can expect to be victimised, and are therefore at fault for not following the perfectly good advice of not looking like a whore, because clearly looking like a whore makes it okay for someone to attack you. :gag:

No it doesn't make it OK, but it does increase their chances of becoming a victim of sexual assault or rape.

Some people believe that the way in which women are being commercially sexualised in magazines and on tv is responsible for men treating them like sexual objects. If these people are correct then the women who imitate that image by dressing like whores must be equally to blame. Wouldn't you agree Cyclone?

I think the moral of this story, is that by trying to help people, all too often, you leave yourself open to being mis-construed and attacked (or sued). It's much better not to help people, not to advice, etc.

Big thank you to the legal profession for creating and fostering such a culture.

If it was me, I'd have said nothing, and would consider that the woman is responsable for her own well being.

I think the moral of this story, is that by trying to help people, all too often, you leave yourself open to being mis-construed and attacked (or sued). It's much better not to help people, not to advice, etc.

Big thank you to the legal profession for creating and fostering such a culture.

If it was me, I'd have said nothing, and would consider that the woman is responsable for her own well being.

well said.

Its a sorry state of affairs, isn't it.

Spot on Waldo except I wouldn't say it's the fault of the legal profession, this is typical of the feminist ideology at work here.

Spot on Waldo except I wouldn't say it's the fault of the legal profession, this is typical of the feminist ideology at work here.

Well, in defence of the legal profession; I guess it's a good thing that people now have the means to take legal action against big companies who have wronged them.

Archived