"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

... don't call people sluts.

... don't use subjective measurements to achieve objective aims.

... don't say foolish things that offend people.

:)

I thought it was the women who called themselves "sluts" as per "slutwalks"...

I've seen women and girls walking in desperately dangerous places at night and if you notice - most of the lowlife who attack them lurk about in dark deserted places - is it just me or is it a case of self preservation to avoid such places?

Would a woman walk into the African plain in mini dress and high heels? Spital Hill is far more dangerous!!

No it doesn't make it OK, but it does increase their chances of becoming a victim of sexual assault or rape.

Some people believe that the way in which women are being commercially sexualised in magazines and on tv is responsible for men treating them like sexual objects. If these people are correct then the women who imitate that image by dressing like whores must be equally to blame. Wouldn't you agree Cyclone?

Well, no. Firstly we have no evidence that dressing to make themselves attractive increases the risk of a serious sexual assault. Secondly that opinion about the sexualisation increasing the risk appears to be just an opinion as well.

And possibly the most important point, nobody has had the balls to define what dressing like a whore, or slut, actually means.

Archived