"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

And yet you fail to ask the question why did the drunken football hooligans beat him up. You picked on the victim as your excuse to divert from the real problem. And why a "Gay Chap"?:suspect: You don't have to be gay to be victimised by thugs. So less of the stupid analogies please, they become tiring after the first 50, unless of course you know of gays who prance around at football matches with a hole in the rear of their pants.:loopy:

I'm beginning to think there's an empty head above that red neck Ron. Its not about blame its about avoidance. The police officer was advising, in his opinion, the best way to avoid unwanted attention.

I'm beginning to think there's an empty head above that red neck Ron. Its not about blame its about avoidance. The police officer was advising, in his opinion, the best way to avoid unwanted attention.

I'm beginning to think your avoiding the question, a question that was in response to your analogy/post.

So come on, if you're going to advise women not to wear it, let's have a proper definition of "slutish" clothing please.

There's no unique answer to the question. Its pointless going on about it as though you are some grand chess master who's used an amazing stroke of genious to dumbfound his opponent.

Everybody's opinion on the matter will differ.

I'm beginning to think your avoiding the question, a question that was in response to your analogy/post.

If this was a face to face discussion, I'd now be gently tapping on your head muttering, "hello is there anybody home?" Of course its the attackers fault whatever the victim was wearing.

Its okay to dress like a drag queen at a football match. Any abuse would be wrong and assault would hopefully be prosecuted.

The point is if the drag queen had used a little bit of grey matter. That's the stuff in a brain, Ron. Remember? Then he would not have got the abuse in the first place.

Nobody has said on this thread that dressing in a certain way warrants any sort of different treatment.

However, what I have been trying to say, along with the more enlightened posters, is that not everybody thinks like this. There will always be nutters, sex attackers, drunks and general toss pots who see the way people dress as a green light to abuse them.

If this was a face to face discussion, I'd now be gently tapping on your head muttering, "hello is there anybody home?" Of course its the attackers fault whatever the victim was wearing.

Its okay to dress like a drag queen at a football match. Any abuse would be wrong and assault would hopefully be prosecuted.

The point is if the drag queen had used a little bit of grey matter. That's the stuff in a brain, Ron. Remember? Then he would not have got the abuse in the first place.

Nobody has said on this thread that dressing in a certain way warrants any sort of different treatment.

However, what I have been trying to say, along with the more enlightened posters, is that not everybody thinks like this. There will always be nutters, sex attackers, drunks and general toss pots who see the way people dress as a green light to abuse them.

And yet you still can't define what a "slut" is in relation to her dress code. I'll make it easy for you. You explain from a personal perspective what it is, otherwise don't knock out a thread unless you know what you're talking about.

Nobody has argued good advice, the argument is poor advice based on the officer probably not being able to answer the same question that's being asked of you, without any clarity whatsoever. You can't argue a point if you haven't a clue how to define the point, right?

The enlightened posters? You, Danot and streamline?:D

You are telling me that the sexual double standard is something feminists have created? Really now?

What sexual double standard might that be Jessica?. According to your post below there isn't one. There's only "false assumptions".

Ironic and/or reclaimed.

Something that's been entirely ignored in this whole debate (to my knowledge - I haven't read the whole thread) is the fact that some women laugh in the face of terms like slut as they're traditionally employed - i.e. to shame women who have had more than a few sexual partners, or women who openly enjoy sex, or women who are sexually proactive and confident.

So much of traditional discourse around sexuality is predicated around the (damaging and false) assumptions that men's sexual urges are stronger, more pressing and more aggressive than women's; that men are or should be the initiators of sexual contact; that men who have sex with multiple partners are somehow less liable to be condemned for it than women...and so on.

All the usual ill-thought out gender-biased nonsense, of course.

''Slut-shaming'' is something that goes on a lot. It's as pathetic as most of what passes for concern about women's safety on this thread.

And yet you still can't define what a "slut" is in relation to her dress code. I'll make it easy for you. You explain from a personal perspective what it is, otherwise don't knock out a thread unless you know what you're talking about.

Nobody has argued good advice, the argument is poor advice based on the officer probably not being able to answer the same question that's being asked of you, without any clarity whatsoever. You can't argue a point if you haven't a clue how to define the point, right?

And I'll say it again. It doesn't matter what I think a slut dresses like. Its the perception of men, more likely to perceive the woman as a slut, not what I think. I'm not going to attack anyone..

And I'll say it again. It doesn't matter what I think a slut dresses like. Its the perception of men, more likely to perceive the woman as a slut, not what I think. I'm not going to attack anyone..

And you tell us you're enlightened.

Re-read what you just typed and start again.

Although, I'll bow to womens greater judgement on the matter. If women think this is what a slut looks like who am I to disagree..

And you tell us you're enlightened.

Re-read what you just typed and start again.

ok I did

Archived