"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

I don't think the term "dressing like a slut" is possible, because sluts don't dress in a particular way, so how can I have been defining it.

It is therefore you that thinks my description = slut.

Is that correct, is it your opinion that any woman that dresses in what she thinks is sexy clothes is a slut?

You've already given a rough idea that you have experience of women deliberately dressing in a certain way to invoke a reaction in men, you said so here:-

What seems to be forgotten is that women who wear sexy clothes do it because they bloody well want to. They are not ignorant of the fact that men will "have a neb", in fact some might positively welcome it.

Some are better at it than others, for a miriade of reasons but there's no mistaking these women are trying to make themselves look like they are sexually available.

It's that simple.

Thinking about this "dressing like a slut" concept a bit more, I can honestly say that I've only known of three women that have had a reputation for, well, sexually promiscuous behaviour. All three have been in managerial jobs, and dressed quite smartly.

I have never, and I speak for the rest of my male friends, considered that the way a woman dresses makes them more up for it. If girls want to show a bit of leg or cleavage it's just fancy dress, having some fun. Yes some will know that they might get a few comments, but that does not equate to "asking for it" or being a "slut".

Besides, a rapist is not interested in somebody who's "asking for it". A rapist is only interested in "taking it". The only thing that is of interest to a rapist is opportunity and his chances getting away with it, neither of which is relevant to fashion.

Unfortunately, the more that people talk about women "dressing like sluts", the more opportunity is provided for them getting away with it.

The insults are quite funny tbh. I've just told my wife about them, and I can't post the reply ... but needless to say she doesn't think somebody would look too impressive in speedos. :hihi:

So what are you saying? Speedo's can't be worn by anyone unless the wearer has a large penis? Isn't that a little sexist. Is it fair to label men by the clothes they wear and what they're packing?

There seems to be different standards on show now, oh dear..:hihi:

When you've finished the ironing I'd give the boss a good talking to, she's made you drop a clanger...

Some are better at it than others, for a miriade of reasons but there's no mistaking these women are trying to make themselves look like they are sexually available.

It's that simple.

It isn't rocket science that women or men for that matter dress to attract the opposite sex. Just because you name isn't tattooed on their forehead give you or anyone else the right to label because you lost out. So again, not sure of your point.

Thinking about this "dressing like a slut" concept a bit more, I can honestly say that I've only known of three women that have had a reputation for, well, sexually promiscuous behaviour. All three have been in managerial jobs, and dressed quite smartly.

I have never, and I speak for the rest of my male friends, considered that the way a woman dresses makes them more up for it. If girls want to show a bit of leg or cleavage it's just fancy dress, having some fun. Yes some will know that they might get a few comments, but that does not equate to "asking for it" or being a "slut".

Besides, a rapist is not interested in somebody who's "asking for it". A rapist is only interested in "taking it". The only thing that is of interest to a rapist is opportunity and his chances getting away with it, neither of which is relevant to fashion.

Which doesn't seem to match up to your original assertions :-

What seems to be forgotten is that women who wear sexy clothes do it because they bloody well want to. They are not ignorant of the fact that men will "have a neb", in fact some might positively welcome it.

So now I have you down as a wind up merchant, a liar or someone when faced with a resonable answer will shift the goalposts.

Why then is it only acceptable for adults to dress that way? Why in society are so many adults so against children dressing the same if it's only fun?

So what are you saying? Speedo's can't be worn by anyone unless the wearer has a large penis? Isn't that a little sexist. Is it fair to label men by the clothes they wear and what they're packing?

You seem to be coming to all sorts of confusing conclusions to my wife's simple statement.

:loopy:

It isn't rocket science that women or men for that matter dress to attract the opposite sex. Just because you name isn't tattooed on their forehead give you or anyone else the right to label because you lost out. So again, not sure of your point.

I haven't got a problem with that, so can we both agree that dressing in a certain way means you are trying to attract a mate?

Not sure what point you don't understand but perhaps you need a mate with a tattoo on her head before you do.

Why then is it only acceptable for adults to dress that way? Why in society are so many adults so against children dressing the same if it's only fun?

Well I have no problem with adults drinking or taking drugs, if that's what they want, but most people would find the idea of giving drugs to kids abhorrent.

Adults tend to dress themselves, and choose the way they dress, whilst the way children dress is influenced by the choice of the parents.

Archived