"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

Then get on with it. You've been asked enough.

Again, please enlighten us. You being confident and such.

Off to bed, gives you 6 hours to come up with something.

Sorry matey, but I'm not here to enlighten anyone, I'm here to discuss the topic and hopefully help you establish what 'dressing like a slut' actually is. Who knows, if you're willing to provide an answer to the question I asked quisquose we might even get somewhere.

But I'll bid you goodnight for now.

Sorry matey, but I'm not here to enlighten anyone, I'm here to discuss the topic and hopefully help you establish what 'dressing like a slut' actually is. Who knows, if you're willing to provide an answer to the question I asked quisquose we might even get somewhere.

But I'll bid you goodnight for now.

You've been asked many times and yet your replies are evasive and generally off topic or on a tangent. My only guess is you're trying to create an atmosphere by which the thread will be closed down. That isn't surprising considering how foolish you and the other misogynists are performing.

You pose questions reinforced by "confidence" without justifying that confidence when asked, probably for fear of digging your hole even deeper.

Many on here male and female have given good accounts of themselves in relation to the OP. You streamline and FS have failed miserably due to the fact your failure in defining a "slut". If you're going to defend the term at least have the nuts to define it first, maybe then we can move on to tangents. Jessica made excellent points, and your reply? Pure misogynistic arrogant nonsense. In reply to this post I'm sure you'll be greasing up in anticipation.

You've been asked many times and yet your replies are evasive and generally off topic or on a tangent. My only guess is you're trying to create an atmosphere by which the thread will be closed down. That isn't surprising considering how foolish you and the other misogynists are performing.

You pose questions reinforced by "confidence" without justifying that confidence when asked, probably for fear of digging your hole even deeper.

Many on here male and female have given good accounts of themselves in relation to the OP. You streamline and FS have failed miserably due to the fact your failure in defining a "slut". If you're going to defend the term at least have the nuts to define it first, maybe then we can move on to tangents. Jessica made excellent points, and your reply? Pure misogynistic arrogant nonsense. In reply to this post I'm sure you'll be greasing up in anticipation.

I'd beg to differ. You're the one who's constantly posted drivel. I've defined what I think slut wear is on numerous occasions. You just won't accept the answer because it urinates on your bonfire.

I'll say it again. I think slut wear is that which the women who went on slutwalks were wearing. Do I really have to list all the items of clothing?

There is no issue in defining a slut. That's not the point because dressing like a slut doesn't make the wearer a slut. The OP is about the reaction to dressing like a slut. Not the morals of the said slut, male or female. Its nothing to do with anyone if someone wants to have 20 sexual partners a week. I wouldn't complain. Its up to them. But then if people start treating them like a slut I won't defend them either.

If you go back through the thread its more than Danot, Streamline and myself that have argued against the reasoning behind Slutwalks. Most have fell by the wayside because I guess they got bored with the dogma.:suspect::D

I haven't read all of this thread, however, I have been loosely following it. I see that the usual misogynists are out in full force.

It disgusts me in this day and age that even if the word 'slut' is being reclaimed by some, others embrace it as a derogatory term and apply to women purely on the basis their attire and behaviour. Furthermore, its use is evidence of the double standard being alive and well.

It also disgusts me that in this day and age, there are plenty out there who are only willing to apportion blame to women for inviting unwanted sexual attention. As evildrneil is at great pains to stress that many people are conflating 'blame' with 'risk management' highlights how women are still considered to be responsible for male sexuality. It is this very perception that gives rise to the high number of rape cases which do not even make it to court as well as those which do and result in a not guilty verdict.

The flipside of this outdated and antediluvian notion is that we all don burkas to protect ourselves from male harassment and as we know, this does not only work but it places the onus firmly on the woman yet again, which is wholly unacceptable. It really is quite simple, men keep your views, thoughts and hands to yourselves.

It matters not one iota what a woman wears as has been demonstrated time and time again. I was subjected to some lewd comments from a lorry driver this morning as I walked into work in totally unprovocative and non-sluttish clothing, at 08:30, minding my own business.:roll:

It is beyond ridiculous that I see the claim that feminism is no longer necessary or needed on this board.:roll:

There is no contradiction in my position at all ... not a bit.

No, there isn't. However, some fools seem unable to differentiate between women dressing in a way which enhances them and, by default, will attract admiring glances and women being subjected to unwanted comments and attention - aka harassment. :roll:

It is this very perception that gives rise to the high number of rape cases which do not even make it to court as well as those which do and result in a not guilty verdict.

:roll:

It is, of course, wrong if rape cases go unpunished. However, this is not only the fault of the courts. The numerous false claims of rape by women is a defining factor in this. There will always be the "boy (or girl) who cried wolf" scenario and any woman who has claimed to be raped as a means of revenge or financial gain is a guilty of making rape cases hard to prove as anyone else.

Rape is a difficult case to prove because it is usually one word against another. And in many cases its difficult to find which person is not telling the truth. Unfortunately, on numerous occasions its the woman who has lied, this of course had dire affects on genuine cases..

I was subjected to some lewd comments from a lorry driver this morning as I walked into work in totally unprovocative and non-sluttish clothing, at 08:30, minding my own business.:roll:. :roll:

Unfortunately, like most feminists you only see it from one side. Have you ever seen the diet coke advert?

Unfortunately, like most feminists you only see it from one side. Have you ever seen the diet coke advert?

Has it occurred to you that the reason that advert is so famous is because it subverts the time-and-tested depiction of men leering at women by reversing the genders?

That the reason it achieved any measure of popularity/notoriety (delete as per preference) is because it is/was UNUSUAL in presenting women as lustful oglers?

And are you also aware that it's, you know, fictional?

It seems more than a little silly, not to say pointless, to attempt to use it as a rebuttal to Suffy's comment about street harassment.

It is, of course, wrong if rape cases go unpunished. However, this is not only the fault of the courts. The numerous false claims of rape by women is a defining factor in this. There will always be the "boy (or girl) who cried wolf" scenario and any woman who has claimed to be raped as a means of revenge or financial gain is a guilty of making rape cases hard to prove as anyone else.

Rape is a difficult case to prove because it is usually one word against another. And in many cases its difficult to find which person is not telling the truth. Unfortunately, on numerous occasions its the woman who has lied, this of course had dire affects on genuine cases..

Wrong wrong and wrong again. You have fallen in a classic trap here. Firstly, there are not 'numerous' false claims of rape at all, the number is negligible, however, as female sexuality is perceived so differently from that of our male counterparts, one or two high profile cases have completely distorted the entire picture to the extent where fools people like yourself now cite this is a factor.

It is quite simple, since the dawn of time women have been blamed and held accountable for men's sexual behaviour. Men apparently have uncontrollable sexual urges, and it is up to us not to put ourselves in any position or situation whatsoever where we are at risk of any form of sexual harassment/assault which is the very same thinking behind this idiot policeman's comments and so called 'advice' to women on what not to wear. That is why juries nearly always deliver not guilty verdicts in the tiny minority of rape cases which get to trial.

Er, that is subversion rather than pervertion. It's not the same either as there is very little, if indeed any, threat of sexual violence from women to men. It would only work on that level (ie the fear of sexual violence) if it were men looking at other men.

It is this very perception that gives rise to the high number of rape cases which do not even make it to court as well as those which do and result in a not guilty verdict.

Sounds like the words of a misandrist to me, what high level of rape cases, or do you mean allegations including the false ones?

So your still not happy when an impartial jury finds a defendent not guilty is that correct?

I see some of your sisters are campaigning for the release of a women who was imprisoned for two years for making false rape. I think she claimed she had been kidnapped on 3 separate occasions and raped and lots of other harassment claims all it appears directed at one man.

I haven't read the full story but it appears that on one of the days she said she was kidnapped by force from her house and then raped.

On the day she made this claim the Police had her under surveillance and filmed her leaving her house on her own.

Seems to me the real haters are those that try to make out this women is innocent.

Harriet Harman was ordered to stop misleading the public about rape by an official inquiry report yesterday.

The Equalities Minister was accused of pumping out unreliable figures about the low number of rapists brought to justice, thus discouraging victims from reporting attacks.

The review by Baroness Stern appeared to put an end to years of claims by ministers that laws and criminal procedures for dealing with rape need radical reform because only six per cent of complaints end in a conviction.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1257981/Harriet-Harmans-unreliable-statistics-rape-scare-victims.html#ixzz1RnOfYKUU

Archived