"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

She hasn't made any comment on abortions as far as I can see. You seem to be accusing her for a comment you made.

She made the comment that most murders are committed by males, I mentioned abortion because to a lot of people that is the taking away of life or even murder to some.

She made the comment that most murders are committed by males, I mentioned abortion because to a lot of people that is the taking away of life or even murder to some.

But abortion isn't defined as murder legally, it's an emotive word for those who think it should.

Do you see abortion and pre-meditated murder as the same?

I think we're going off topic here.

But abortion isn't defined as murder legally, it's an emotive word for those who think it should.

Do you see abortion and pre-meditated murder as the same?

I think we're going off topic here.

I actually think murder is going off topic somewhat but as it was mentioned why not bring abortion into it?

Either way it's still the taking away of life isn't it?

Thanks, Halibut!

Will leave you to carry the torch as I'm off to the gym. I hope that I don't get attacked, as I would be asking for it given that am wearing tight lycra gym-gear.:D

The sad, but amusing, part is that blokes on her only agree with you because you're hot...:hihi::love:

When this thread was started I tried to verify my position by searching for any contradictory data to suggest that there was a positive correlation between rape and the way that women dressed. There is no evidence, none at all.

What I did find though, was some blogs that mentioned a positive correlation between men that actually thought that the way women dressed equated to "asking for it", and men more likely to commit rape.

So it does make you wonder, yes.

So if a man who thinks that the way a woman dresses is more likely to commit rape (not a huge surprise to be honest but rather depressing) then if you are going out dressed in slutty clothing where you are more likely to be perceived as asking for it (as established by numerous studies) and hence more likely to be raped. So this means that the advice to not wear slutty clothing in order to reduce the risk of rape is in fact perfectly valid and that this slutwalk palava is due to a conflation of the concepts of vulnerability and culpability rather than any misogyny on the part if the advice giver?

You've refused to define what dressing like a slut means haven't you, making it impossible to answer that question.

Have you still not grasped that no one is refusing to define what slut means, although there doesn't appear to be much of an effort being made by others to answer the question I've asked on numerous occasions. Do you have any ideas on why that might be Cyclone?

Incidentally Cyclone, I'm not refusing to define what it means. On the contrary. I'm still in the process and still totally committed to getting someone to answer the question I asked in post 600 in my attempt to define what the generic term- "dressing like a slut" means but as I've said, no one else seems prepared to answer the question so maybe you could answer the question and assist me in my attempt to define what it is that adults consider totally unacceptable about young teenage girls Wearing clothes that reveal too much leg and cleavage?

Archived