"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

So if a man who thinks that the way a woman dresses is more likely to commit rape (not a huge surprise to be honest but rather depressing) then if you are going out dressed in slutty clothing where you are more likely to be perceived as asking for it (as established by numerous studies) and hence more likely to be raped. So this means that the advice to not wear slutty clothing in order to reduce the risk of rape is in fact perfectly valid and that this slutwalk palava is due to a conflation of the concepts of vulnerability and culpability rather than any misogyny on the part if the advice giver?

Without apportioning any blame to the victims that sounds like an astute observation.

Not at all if you want to demonise men be prepared to defend your comments.

Well let’s have a think about this, roughly 200,000 lives ended each year and what are you defining as child abuse which the last time I looked was mainly perpetrated by Mothers?

I have no wish to demonise men.

No idea what stats you're quoting there or what they're in relation to. I'm referring to child sexual abuse which is mostly committed by men.

So if a man who thinks that the way a woman dresses is more likely to commit rape (not a huge surprise to be honest but rather depressing) then if you are going out dressed in slutty clothing where you are more likely to be perceived as asking for it (as established by numerous studies) and hence more likely to be raped. So this means that the advice to not wear slutty clothing in order to reduce the risk of rape is in fact perfectly valid and that this slutwalk palava is due to a conflation of the concepts of vulnerability and culpability rather than any misogyny on the part if the advice giver?

Any chance of seeing one? Preferably not the opinion of half a dozen lads down the pub tanked up. :hihi:

I guess the only reliable study would be perpetrator based?

I disagree as the corollary of the above is that the perpetrator is somehow exonerated and perceived to be less at fault. That is utterly wrong on every possible level. These views should be challenged and not perpetuated.

That's not what Suffragette has sought to do and it's intellectually dishonest at the very least for you to pretend otherwise.

The abortion debate really isn't relevant to the discussion of whether woman's clothing contributes to assaults on them by men.

If you want to start an anti abortion thread, fine, go ahead, but stop trying to further muddy the waters by banging on about it here.

Niether is child abuse which she chose to post about but hey act like the Knight in shining armour and defend her honour if you must.

I never expressed any views on abortion I was merely adding them into the equation just like she adds things into the equation.

Getting back to something like the original question do woman's clothing contributes to assaults on them, well what the Police Officer said was "victimised". Not raped or assaulted but victimised.

I have no wish to demonise men.

No idea what stats you're quoting there or what they're in relation to. I'm referring to child sexual abuse which is mostly committed by men.

The figure relates to the 200,000 lives that are terminated each year through abortion and if you are interested in all forms of defined child abuse then it's Mothers who come out on top.

So you win again.

Getting back to something like the original question do woman's clothing contributes to assaults on them, well what the Police Officer said was "victimised". Not raped or assaulted but victimised.

Being raped or assaulted doesn't constitute being a victim in your eyes?

Archived