"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

I disagree as the corollary of the above is that the perpetrator is somehow exonerated and perceived to be less at fault. That is utterly wrong on every possible level. These views should be challenged and not perpetuated.

I think what evil is saying is if you ignore the rape and concentrate on the advice before the rape, then the advice would/could be perceived as good advice. The problem I have is the advice, as there seems to be no sound or established etiquette for what a woman should or should not wear to avoid rape.

The only requirement to be a victim of rape is to be a female, generally. If a man is raped does he have to wear sluttish clothing to be a victim?

I disagree as the corollary of the above is that the perpetrator is somehow exonerated and perceived to be less at fault. That is utterly wrong on every possible level. These views should be challenged and not perpetuated.

I understand your reasoning but disagree with the conclusion. The perpetrators aren't exonerated at all, it doesn't imply blame on the part of the victim, any more than the victim of a mugging late at night could be, but we assess risk and try to avoid circumstances where we might come to harm, I guess we call it watching our own back.

The figure relates to the 200,000 lives that are terminated each year through abortion and if you are interested in all forms of defined child abuse then it's Mothers who come out on top.

So you win again.

Is this a personal view or the BNP's Streamline? You certainly aren't afraid to articulate some fairly objectionable and sensational views?

I understand your reasoning but disagree with the conclusion. The perpetrators aren't exonerated at all, it doesn't imply blame on the part of the victim, any more than the victim of a mugging late at night could be, but we assess risk and try to avoid circumstances where we might come to harm, I guess we call it watching our own back.

I think the "somehow" was of equal importance. Maybe not exonerated but certainly some type of defence, otherwise why use or accuse the victim for what he or she wears.

Whether they are sexually provocative is entirely subjective.

It's an unanswerable question.

Nonsense. Why would feminists campaign against women being commercially sexualised if it's entirely subjective?

Assuming that you're right about this. Could it be that the women who tirelessly campaign against the sexist, dehumanising and widely criticised practices that commercially sexualise women are also being, ... what was it?- .."deliberately dense" for claiming women are being commercially sexualised when everyone(with the exception of themselves and yours truly)considers it common knowledge that dressing sexually provocative is "entirely subjective"?

Archived