"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

I think the "somehow" was of equal importance. Maybe not exonerated but certainly some type of defence, otherwise why use or accuse the victim for what he or she wears.

Yes, I understand that skinz, under no circumstances should what a woman wears mitigate an assault that's carried out against her. I just think evildrneil's post was an original and thought provoking contribution to the debate.

I'm not a member of the BNP never have been
I didn't say you were a member of the BNP, but if you can forgive me cross thread posting you certainly appear to have a soft spot for them

Well based on my opinions there is no difference and so that is why I support the BNP because mainstream politics is like voting for the same nonesense but the logo changes.

and when ti comes to issues of gender I tend to siide with these guys:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/wearefathers4justice#p/a/u/0/wcsWcggMDQI

..do you think Fathers For Justice have painted themselves as anything other than a group of fathers who happen to be misogynists?

There are more effective ways of dealing with these injustices, which of course do happen without demonising the mother of your children and alienating those children at the same time.

So if a man who thinks that the way a woman dresses is more likely to commit rape (not a huge surprise to be honest but rather depressing) then if you are going out dressed in slutty clothing where you are more likely to be perceived as asking for it (as established by numerous studies) and hence more likely to be raped. So this means that the advice to not wear slutty clothing in order to reduce the risk of rape is in fact perfectly valid and that this slutwalk palava is due to a conflation of the concepts of vulnerability and culpability rather than any misogyny on the part if the advice giver?

It proves nothing like you think.

You seem to be confusing correlation with cause and effect, and jumped to your own conclusions.

There is no evidence that links clothing with risk of rape, none. There is evidence that correlates your way of thinking and that of a rapist, that is all the data shows.

I didn't say you were a member of the BNP, but if you can forgive me cross thread posting you certainly appear to have a soft spot for them.

So what? Glad you're keeping tabs on me by the way.

..do you think Fathers For Justice have painted themselves as anything other than a group of fathers who happen to be misogynists?

No or else why would Cameron promise to reform family law?

There are more effective ways of dealing with these injustices, which of course do happen without demonising the mother of your children and alienating those children at the same time.

So as you are clearly an expert on the subject can you explain how that could be done?

Yes, I understand that skinz, under no circumstances should what a woman wears mitigate an assault that's carried out against her. I just think evildrneil's post was an original and thought provoking contribution to the debate.

It would be thought provoking if evidence of rape and clothing were unquestionable and more importantly forthcoming. There's plenty of subjective evidence but that isn't the same.

It would be thought provoking if evidence of rape and clothing were unquestionable and more importantly forthcoming. There's plenty of subjective evidence but that isn't the same.

Yes you're quite right, I was rather placing the cart before the horse.

I understand your reasoning but disagree with the conclusion. The perpetrators aren't exonerated at all, it doesn't imply blame on the part of the victim, any more than the victim of a mugging late at night could be, but we assess risk and try to avoid circumstances where we might come to harm, I guess we call it watching our own back.

I thought that it was well established that dress and attire were not factors in whether a woman is sexually assaulted. In order to totally eliminate risk, perhaps we should be segregated from men unless chaperoned? Given that 80% of rapists are known to the victim, we should never be alone in the company of a male relative, colleague or friend!

I thought that it was well established that dress and attire were not factors in whether a woman is sexually assaulted. In order to totally eliminate risk, perhaps we should be segregated from men unless chaperoned? Given that 80% of rapists are known to the victim, we should never be alone in the company of a male relative, colleague or friend!

Strange that I thought there has been no credible study on the subject except advocacy research.

80% eh? Ummm maybe it's the male of the species who needs protecting.

Firstly, You have no idea whether I'm 'hot' or not, besides which what I look like is utterly irrelevant.:roll: Secondly, what an insult to the male posters with whom I happen to be in agreement.

I'm sorry and although at first glance it looks like an off the cuff remark, unfortunately its true. Perhaps not in relation to Halibut, but in general. I've seen it first hand. A good looking feminist will attract more support than a 23 stone one, in boiler suit who's sporting a nice tash. Its funny how some men suddenly become interested in "women's issues" when the woman is a cutie.

I've never seen you, I don't know anything about you but could tell in an instance by the crawling tone of some of your followers, that you're a cutie.

The problem you now have is trying to decide who really believes in your cause and those who just plain and simple fancy you. Men will take up any sort of interest if there's a good looking woman involved. :D:love:

Archived