"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

Who's actually said women shouldn't dress sexually provocative?

As far as I'm aware no one as said that. What has been said is women who do dress sexually provocative are far more likely to become a victim of sexual harassment, assault and possibly rape, than if they were dressed casually.

Unless I'm wrong you just have, by implying that if women dress provocatively their subject to assault or rape. That's only believable if you believe that women are attacked because of what they wear, personally I don't. Remove provocative clothing and I'll wager any amount the rape stats wouldn't even blip.

Maybe we should apply Sharia law and just stone them and give the guy a clip round the lug.:hihi:

Unless I'm wrong you just have, by implying that if women dress provocatively their subject to assault or rape. That's only believable if you believe that women are attacked because of what they wear, personally I don't. Remove provocative clothing and I'll wager any amount the rape stats wouldn't even blip.

Maybe we should apply Sharia law and just stone them and give the guy a clip round the lug.:hihi:

But who's making claims about what type of women rapists prefer to rape? I haven't. I implied that a man would be more likely to harass, sexually assault or possibly rape a woman if she was provocatively dressed rather than dressed casually. I'd bet my house on that.

But who's making claims about what type of women rapists prefer to rape? I haven't. I implied that a man would be more likely to harass, sexually assault or possibly rape a woman if she was provocatively dressed rather than dressed casually. I'd bet my house on that.

We must ask ourselves the question if two identical twins went into town, one with "slutwalk" clothing and one in a tracksuit which would get the most sexual harassment?

We must ask ourselves the question if two identical twins went into town, one with "slutwalk" clothing and one in a tracksuit which would get the most sexual harassment?
The one in the track suit obviously.

Jeremy Kyle fodder:hihi:

Edit: All joking aside. It goes without saying which one it would be. But you'll never get them to admit it, as it wouldn't fit into their idealistic view of the world.

I'm sorry and although at first glance it looks like an off the cuff remark, unfortunately its true. Perhaps not in relation to Halibut, but in general. I've seen it first hand. A good looking feminist will attract more support than a 23 stone one, in boiler suit who's sporting a nice tash. Its funny how some men suddenly become interested in "women's issues" when the woman is a cutie.

I've never seen you, I don't know anything about you but could tell in an instance by the crawling tone of some of your followers, that you're a cutie.

The problem you now have is trying to decide who really believes in your cause and those who just plain and simple fancy you. Men will take up any sort of interest if there's a good looking woman involved. :D:love:

Oh, now I really have read it all. Can't win any kind of measured debate? Resort to mentioning a woman's appearance (and insult men's intelligence in the process).

There's been valiant work done on this thread by people who actually care about presenting the facts of the matter (I'm using 'facts' here in the old-fashioned sense of 'backed up by the available research') and I understand why - it's hard to watch misinformation and bile go unchallenged on a public forum, where impressionable youth, not to mention The Stupid and Credulous, might read it - but it goes nowhere when people like you are wasting bandwidth on tactics like this.

But that's totally subjective. You are providing nothing but opinion. I will add that I have nothing against opinion and if personal opinion takes precedence over any evidence then maybe we should all retire from the thread and let the poll speak for itself.

I must ask myself the question if two identical twins went into town, one with "slutwalk" clothing and one in a tracksuit which would get the most sexual harassment?

Sorry to correct your post, but I just need to know the answer.:hihi:

Oh, now I really have read it all. Can't win any kind of measured debate? Resort to mentioning a woman's appearance (and insult men's intelligence in the process).

There's been valiant work done on this thread by people who actually care about presenting the facts of the matter (I'm using 'facts' here in the old-fashioned sense of 'backed up by the available research') and I understand why - it's hard to watch misinformation and bile go unchallenged on a public forum, where impressionable youth, not to mention The Stupid and Credulous, might read it - but it goes nowhere when people like you are wasting bandwidth on tactics like this.

Blimey, who's rattled your cage...:hihi:

Now run along and make me a pot of tea and stop worrying your pretty little head with all this complicated stuff, know your limits...:love::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA9pVPtN_ao

Blimey, who's rattled your cage...:hihi:

Now run along and make me a pot of tea and stop worrying your pretty little head with all this complicated stuff, know your limits...:love::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA9pVPtN_ao

Oh, I know my limits all right. Especially as far as they pertain to arguing with people who just don't know how to think on the internet. I just sometimes forget what an entirely pointless waste of my time that is.

And then someone like you comes along and reminds me all over again.

It can mean any sort of minor offence, but isn't usually used in that manner. If the officer had said "don't wear revealing clothes if you don't want any attention, wanted or otherwise", then there wouldn't have been the reaction that followed. The students would have been miffed at having a salaried public servant telling them something they had much more knowledge of.

Besides, the reaction came from the fact that the students knew very well what the officer was referring to, he even said he shouldn't be saying it, and when he apologised he made no reference to his words being misinterpreted.

So you actually agree with the Police Officer had he worded it differently and I'm sure you can get your head the concept that crime prevention was uppermost in his mind can't you?

Archived