"Slutwalks" in N. America

What to wear  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What to wear

• Women should wear what they want
    • Women should be more careful what they wear

An interesting fact is in relation to Suffy's claim that men use the threat of sexual violence to dominate women. Of course some men do. But this is not a man thing, its a human thing. Men do this because they are physically capable of this, they are generally stronger than women. So if women were stronger than men would the roles be reversed, or is just the evil men of the species which have this unique nature?

If we look at the rape stats, as posted earlier, in relation to lesbians, you'll see some startling facts. Lesbian on lesbian sexual assault exceeds that of gay man on gay man sexual assault.

So when the female of the species is capable of physically dominering another human being, it appears they are more adept than men!

http://thehathorlegacy.com/rape-statistics/

* Lesbians report “physically or mentally coercive sex” more often than do gay men. One study found that thirty-one percent of lesbians reported forced sexual encounters versus twelve percent of gay men.

What you mean like this ignorant piece that follows?

Biologist Steve Jones - A Parasite?

Can't imagine he'll notice the visit that much in amongst the thousands that he gets.

Oh dear god - that was one of the most stupid rants ever! Much as it may offend you biologically speaking the role of men is pretty much to beat the crap out of each other to garner "breeding rights" impregnate females and then their role is pretty much done. Calling the parasatism may be over-egging the pudding but claiming that women are parasites because they steal (what!?!?) genes from men is actually one of the most ridiculously stupid comments I've ever seen and when your talking about online then that's up against some pretty serious competition!

Oh dear god - that was one of the most stupid rants ever! Much as it may offend you biologically speaking the role of men is pretty much to beat the crap out of each other to garner "breeding rights" impregnate females and then their role is pretty much done. Calling the parasatism may be over-egging the pudding but claiming that women are parasites because they steal (what!?!?) genes from men is actually one of the most ridiculously stupid comments I've ever seen and when your talking about online then that's up against some pretty serious competition!

Somehow I think you are missing the point of what the peice was about and his opinion which was that if the same/similar description was used for women you would have another slutwalk on your hands.

Perhaps he'd (Steve Jones) like to turn up on BBC's Newsnight with a new book claiming that women are nothing more than walking incubators and see how far he gets in his career.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a female friend today about returning to work. She's been at home for a few years raising a child. She said the thing she feared the most about returning to work was, well, other women. Not lecherous blokes, or men patronising and holding her back, but other women. In particular women of a certain age.

The person in question, is, pardon my sexist terminology, gorgeous. And always gets bullied by other women because of this.

I have noticed this myself over the years. If there's a younger attractive woman in the office, she's given a hard time by the old trouts.

Several women have said to me over the years that they'd sooner work with men. By coincidence this article was in the Daily Mail..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2018776/Why-female-boss-womans-worst-nightmare.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is having to dress in a certain way to avoid being attacked the same as avoiding walking down dark alleys alone?

I don't think it is.

Women should be able to dress as they please, if someone is attacked blaming the victim is making an excuse for the attacker.

What WOULD Chuck Norris do??????

• 3 months later...

Archived