Ever seen a ghost

That is fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just know that I have had several experiences and know what I believe. None was imagination or sleep. Broad daylight except for one and I was not tired or daydreaming.

That is fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just know that I have had several experiences and know what I believe. None was imagination or sleep. Broad daylight except for one and I was not tired or daydreaming.

you are exactly right everyone is entitled to their own opinion, wether they believe or not.

i for one have always believed even without seeing anything.

i am now a paranormal investigator and the evidence that we have got is proof to me that i was rite all the time that there is something there that is not explainable

you are exactly right everyone is entitled to their own opinion, wether they believe or not.

i for one have always believed even without seeing anything.

Why?

i am now a paranormal investigator and the evidence that we have got is proof to me that i was rite all the time that there is something there that is not explainable
You've heard of confirmation bias right?

what do you mean by that????

You said that you have 'always believed [in ghosts] without seeing anything'.

Firstly, I asked why? As in for what reason did you believe, if you had never experienced a 'ghost' for yourself?

As for what confirmation bias is, I suggest google. Seeing as you became a paranormal investigator after already deciding that you do think ghosts exist, you will have certainly been subject to it.

What if they've been travelling for millions of years. Making a base somewhere and then moving on further. Open up your mind to the possibilities...:D

Its possible, like I said, but so extremely unlikely that we might as well consider it as being false unless any evidence comes forward.

Testimonies of hicks who've been abducted and mistranslated Sumerian texts do not count.

How about poltergeists and things mysteriously flying around a room?

There have been enough stories told about those happenings

Your standards of what qualifies as evidence seems somewhat lacking.

Now, I don't discount the POSSIBILITY of many unlikely things however IMPROBABLE, but maybe I'll believe it when I see it - not when someone tells a story about it.

im not on here to argue or prove a point to you thats not who i am! im just trying to state my point of view from a paranormal investigator., that we and most other paranormal investigation teams will have cought some kind of audio that cannot be explained

If you're talking about EVP, the noises that occur with high gain are just ambient sound which is suddenly picked up by the continuous automatic adjustments being carried out by the recorder. The "words" that are heard very rarely resemble actual words, usually someone decides which "word" is being spoken and, eventually after listening so many times, others will tend to agree:

"Oh yeah, I think actually it does sound a bit like "SHUT THE TOP, SHUT THE TOP" now you mention it!"

The power of suggestion, eh.

If someone suggested that the same sound is saying "CLIPPETY CLOP, CLIPPETY CLOP" instead, people would eventually tend to hear that.

EDIT: Just out of interest, how many times does a story have to be told for it to qualify as evidence?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived