Ever seen a ghost

I try to keep a open mind about anything mysterious eg ghosts, ufos, things that go bump in the night, but 20 odd years ago when we moved in to our first home as a newly wed couple everything was great for the first couple of months but as time went on I started to feel that the house didnt want us there.It was a pre war built house and as far as the neighbours could remember nothing bad had ever happened there, but it just had this very unhappy atomsphere. I didnt mention anything to my husband , I thought it was just my imagination and I was being silly. This feeling became even worse after the birth of our son , almost as if the house hated a young family living in it, We never saw or heard anything and certainly no harm came to any of us, but it was just this odd depressed feeling. Eventually we moved and sometime later I mention it to my husband and he said he also had sensed something as well but felt foolish telling me about it.

Well years went by and we forgot all about the house and its odd depression until about 5 years ago, we met up with a old neighbor who had lived in the same street as this house as a child, she told as about this guy that lived in our old home and he was a complete misery guts, hated everybody and everything esp children. he would never let anybody into the house and was a real recluse.He would scream abuse at his neighbors and threatened to set his dog on any kids playing near his gate.

He eventually saw out his days in a nursing home. I wonder if a house can hang on to to certain peoples moods and temperments? because it certainly was not happy.

I try to keep a open mind about anything mysterious eg ghosts, ufos, things that go bump in the night, but 20 odd years ago when we moved in to our first home as a newly wed couple everything was great for the first couple of months but as time went on I started to feel that the house didnt want us there.It was a pre war built house and as far as the neighbours could remember nothing bad had ever happened there, but it just had this very unhappy atomsphere. I didnt mention anything to my husband , I thought it was just my imagination and I was being silly. This feeling became even worse after the birth of our son , almost as if the house hated a young family living in it, We never saw or heard anything and certainly no harm came to any of us, but it was just this odd depressed feeling. Eventually we moved and sometime later I mention it to my husband and he said he also had sensed something as well but felt foolish telling me about it.

Well years went by and we forgot all about the house and its odd depression until about 5 years ago, we met up with a old neighbor who had lived in the same street as this house as a child, she told as about this guy that lived in our old home and he was a complete misery guts, hated everybody and everything esp children. he would never let anybody into the house and was a real recluse.He would scream abuse at his neighbors and threatened to set his dog on any kids playing near his gate.

He eventually saw out his days in a nursing home. I wonder if a house can hang on to to certain peoples moods and temperments? because it certainly was not happy.

No it can't.

Im a paranormal investigator, and would like to hear anyones accounts of spirits, im working on a theory at the minute (well trying to debunk one) of why only certain people 'see' ghost or experience the paranormal.

So anyone who is willing to tell me details of experiences etc please PM.

Dan

I suspect Drink may have much to do with "seeing Ghosties and Ghouls".

Regards

Angel.

We never saw or heard anything and certainly no harm came to any of us, but it was just this odd depressed feeling. Eventually we moved and sometime later I mention it to my husband and he said he also had sensed something as well but felt foolish telling me about it.

Sounds rather like infrasound to me.

I've not heard of any sightings of late, but a regular one used to be the ghost of a WW2 US flyer from Mi Amigo. This young lad was always seen sitting on the end swing in the children's playground in Endcliffe Park, with his parachute cords trailing on the ground.

What is spooky though, is that one of the young airmen screamed from the rear of the aircraft at the kids playing in the park to get the hell out of the way, he could have jumped, but his thoughts were for the kid's safety, god bless him.

An opinion stated as fact, a weakness of this site, back it up please.
No an opinion stated as an opinion. You are the one saying it is being stated as fact.

Although just for you.

We would need to know that firstly emotions carry some sort of frequency or measurable weight - for want of a better word - that can be absorbed and held by the material the house was made of.

This emotional weight would then have to be able to be stored and released by the material of the house over a period of time in sufficient measure for the occupants to be able to detect it.

We would then have to be able to determine that they were both able in some way be able to detect this emotion that was stored and being released by the inanimate house. Prove all of that and i'll change my opinion. Until that happy day my opinion stands.

Archived