Ever seen a ghost

It amazes me that people are so quick to scoff at others experiences and disbelieve when involving ghosts yet so many people think there must be aliens because there is so much space out there!
Allow me to explain then.

Life exists, we know this, we are alive, our planet is full of life. We also know (mostly) what life is, what we are made out of, how we move, how we see, how we hear, how we think, how we reproduce, how we grow etc. and we have theories about how it formed and how it evolved. So we know for a fact that life is possible. Given the sheer size of the universe it seems likely that life may have also sprung up somewhere else as well.

Ghosts do not exist, there is 0 evidence for their existence, and no-one has ever put forward a theory as to what ghosts are made out of or a theory for what medium they could exist in. As such, there is no reason to believe they exist.

People are also happy to believe in god yet has anyone ever seen him/her.
Well yeah, some people have 'seen' god, in the same way that some people have 'seen' ghosts, ie. they haven't really seen them but have been tricked by their brain.

In the same way that our justice system works on an innocent until proven guilty basis surely it would be wiser to keep an open mind until these sightings etc can be proved or disproved.
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Keeping an open mind means changing your mind when confronted by evidence, it does not mean treating every idea as equal.

But jimmy you're kinda judging ET by our standards. You don't know what technologies they have. They could have been in existence for 500 trillion years? If you look back through our own history we can do things now that would have been seen as supernatural a thousand years ago.
That's why I said 'very unlikely' instead of 'impossible'.

The sheer distances involved though are beyond comprehension. No matter what technology they have coming to earth would be a huge undertaking, they would need a much stronger motive than abducting some hillbilly. There is no reason for them to come here.

To make myself seem even more loopy:D I'll suggest that supernatural experiences could be the said ET paying another visit:loopy::hihi:
Well yeah, that does sound kind of loopy tbh. Considering that pretty much all 'supernatural' experiences can be explained by entirely natural phenomena, that is not very likely at all, Ockham's razor and all that.

That's why I said 'very unlikely' instead of 'impossible'.

The sheer distances involved though are beyond comprehension. No matter what technology they have coming to earth would be a huge undertaking, they would need a much stronger motive than abducting some hillbilly. There is no reason for them to come here.

What if they've been travelling for millions of years. Making a base somewhere and then moving on further. Open up your mind to the possibilities...:D

You've recorded some audio that you can't explain, ok, fine. Aside from the fact that there are probably audio professionals out there who could explain it, lets just say for the sake of argument, that you have recorded some things that truly cannot be explained.

How on earth do you get from there to 'ghosts exist'? that is just not logical.

if you could hear the voices that we have cought on audio and been heard at the same time by a member of our team you would be shocked. like we were!

Like you know im a paranormal investigator, we dont try to say to people that there is definatly ghosts and that they have to believe, all we are trying to do is get evidence to try to show people that there is something happening that people cannot explain.

i think in some cases it proves to that person, who you are doing the investigation for, that they are not mad and are not seeing things. It gives them that piece of mind knowing for:

1. it COULD be a loved one?

2. that there is something there like they thought which is unexplainable?

3. that nothing actually is there and it could be a natural explanation?

im sure people who have had experiences that are on here would agree with me.

if you could hear the voices that we have cought on audio and been heard at the same time by a member of our team you would be shocked. like we were!

Like you know im a paranormal investigator, we dont try to say to people that there is definatly ghosts and that they have to believe, all we are trying to do is get evidence to try to show people that there is something happening that people cannot explain.

i think in some cases it proves to that person, who you are doing the investigation for, that they are not mad and are not seeing things. It gives them that piece of mind knowing for:

1. it COULD be a loved one?

2. that there is something there like they thought which is unexplainable?

3. that nothing actually is there and it could be a natural explanation?

im sure people who have had experiences that are on here would agree with me.

Well you certainly don't say heres some noises that aren't ghosts.

Well you certainly don't say heres some noises that aren't ghosts.

well obviously you dont, the only noises that you let the person hear is the ones that cant be explained.... mainly voices!

How about the theory that it is all about time shifts? Perhaps ghosts are humans of the past going about their business in their time zone slipping shortly into ours and in the same concept UFOs are the planes of our future!

Archived