Ebay-- leaving neg feedback

No one should ever be giving negative feedback for something so trivial.

I don't know how these huge sellers with tens of thousands of feedbacks manage to have 0 negative scores.

because if they are a power seller they can have negatives removed.a win win situation for ebay.its the little sellers that are suffering.

It's one of ebay's worst ideas to date. Anyone with a grudge can buy off you and leave neg feedback knowing full well you can't neg them back. In the old days people weren't so quick to do it because of the repercussions and would make sure there was a damn good reason to leave it but now they'll do it for anything. Also a lot of the time it's a noob who doesn't have a clue about anything and expects their item to magically appear overseas in 24 hours otherwise they'll neg you. :roll:

As a long-time user of ebay I know how difficult it can be as a seller and I know how unpredictable the post can be so I can't even remember the last time I left anyone neg feedback. I give an item a month to arrive, then I contact the seller. If I get no reply I open a paypal dispute and reclaim my money. A couple of times I've had slips from RM saying I needed to pay outstanding postage charges and do you know what I did? - I just paid them and didn't cry! After all it may just be a genuine mistake. Some people however are extremely petty.

It's one of ebay's worst ideas to date. Anyone with a grudge can buy off you and leave neg feedback knowing full well you can't neg them back. In the old days people weren't so quick to do it because of the repercussions and would make sure there was a damn good reason to leave it but now they'll do it for anything. Also a lot of the time it's a noob who doesn't have a clue about anything and expects their item to magically appear overseas in 24 hours otherwise they'll neg you. :roll:

I got negative feedback for not sending out an item within 24 hours, despite that I'd emailed the customer (that their address was wrong / confusing) and they admitted they hadn't read my email.

It's true. People will give negative feedback these days for anything!

because if they are a power seller they can have negatives removed.a win win situation for ebay.its the little sellers that are suffering.

Thats true, especially if they pay for a personal account manager. Loads of negs for them means less sales, and its these sellers that ebay is making the most money from. If they clear off, ebay loses £1000s a month

ebay feedback is not fair,its far too easy for the buyer to leave negs,the seller has no say whatsoever.i said it before its geared up for the buyer.ebay win both ways..with their extortionate fees.

But cant the seller put a note to the negative feedback? I could have sworn this was an option for non-power sellers....

But cant the seller put a note to the negative feedback? I could have sworn this was an option for non-power sellers....

Yes you can reply to feedback left, just give an honest reply, don't get aggressive and make yourself look an idiot though :hihi:

Archived