Would a doctor..

Why? Wouldnt you want the best for your mum, and try and help them the best way you can?

What you think is best and what your mum thinks is best can be two different things..you need to try and persuade her to go to the doc's..go with her and encourage her..

Why?

Because of doctor/patient confidentiality?

You have no right to that information, your mother does. It is up to her what course of action she wishes to take.

It's not a question of what you or I like, it's just how it is, and how it should be. Otherwise people would not trust their doctor (knowing that they give information to other family members, or people impersonating family members).

She wont go for them, as explained above, but she needs too, but cant see it, im sooo frustrated by the whole thing. :(

get a community health worker. you can say you're concerned for your relative's mental health. which, from the sounds of it, is not too far from being right. they can bring the results.

No, you have no right to the results of her blood tests, unless perhaps if it has been proven she has diminished responsibility, or, perhaps, as someone else said, with her permission, and even then, I'm just guessing and don't know what the protocol would be.

BUT you CAN phone her Dr and tell her Dr all your concerns, if you wish (I might be tempted to do this in writing!), and where you are coming from, and then it would be up to the Dr to do what he/she thinks is best, given the information you provide.

No, you have no right to the results of her blood tests, unless perhaps if it has been proven she has diminished responsibility, or, perhaps, as someone else said, with her permission, and even then, I'm just guessing and don't know what the protocol would be.

BUT you CAN phone her Dr and tell her Dr all your concerns, if you wish (I might be tempted to do this in writing!), and where you are coming from, and then it would be up to the Dr to do what he/she thinks is best, given the information you provide.

Thanks for that, i think i will try this, see what comes of it.

So, ive got most saying no, and 1 saying yes now, with permission :huh::hihi:

Just talk to the doctor and see what they say...from the horse's mouth as it were.....no good asking people their opinion on a forum and then questioning the advice you receive..

Archived