Sutherland road pitsmoor 1950s/60s

my great gran lived on this street..across from the red phone box many a happy hour playing on the swings and roundabouts across from her.trying to find people that knew my gran.sadly she died in 1967 so its going back a bit.she lived in a yard with about 4 or five others and one of her neighbours was a lady called little doris, she used to walk with sticks.anyone know anything about the old residents that lived there.:)

• 1 year later...
my great gran lived on this street..across from the red phone box many a happy hour playing on the swings and roundabouts across from her.trying to find people that knew my gran.sadly she died in 1967 so its going back a bit.she lived in a yard with about 4 or five others and one of her neighbours was a lady called little doris, she used to walk with sticks.anyone know anything about the old residents that lived there.:)

I don"t remember the lady in question, but a couple of families in that same "yard' were the Baxters, father Bunny and kids Rodney and Denise. I think their mother passed away when the were quite young. The other was the Lavells, Geoff and Stan.

My two brothers were called Geoff and Raymond (known as Stan) We lived on sutherland rd from about 1945 to 1963. Stan was the older of the two. he was a good footballer and very popular. He now lives in Wodseats and is 70 years young. Geoff was a great table tennis player, sadly he died when he was 59. did you live in the area. I may know you. I knew many people in the area. my name is Janet. ring any bells?

I don"t remember the lady in question, but a couple of families in that same "yard' were the Baxters, father Bunny and kids Rodney and Denise. I think their mother passed away when the were quite young. The other was the Lavells, Geoff and Stan.

My father Charlie Lavill and Bunny Baxter were great mates. I also remember him and his son Rodney. My two brothers Stan and Geoff were pals with Rodney. Who are you? I may know you. My name is Janet.

Archived