Flakey hair and scalp issues..

The flaky scalp could be down to a number of things the most common is dehydration and your skin/ hair being dry.

Most people confuse dry or flaky scalps with dandruff. Dandruff is often slightly yelllow flakes and a dry flaky scalp is white.

The best thing you can do is elimanate any product build up on your hair from either regulary using the same shampoo or styling products by adding a 5p size amount if washing up liquid to your shampoo this will remove any residue which could be on the hair.

Next is to look at the shampoo/ conditioner you are using if your hair is colour treated or permed or shampoo'd regualry it is more than likely to be dry so switch to a moisturising brand. Also check on how often you are washing your hair more than 3/4 times a week will strip all the sebacous oil from the scalp leaving it dry.

Once a week use your conditioner or where possiable a treatment conditioner and massgage directly onto the scalp this should help keep the moisture levels more even.

But most importantly drink as much water as you are comfortable doing, i carnt do the 2 liters a day but i limit my tea intake during the day to just water and always drink water with my meals and it definelty does help.

:)

• 1 year later...

im almost sure the cure for the scalp and skin issue is down to diet , or what your eating , if you eat pretty much anything then you will be consuming dairy over and over again , this build up can topple your needs and aprehend you with an allergy. cut out dairy , and read what is classed as dairy , this should free up the issue. 40% of humans will become intollerant to this style of eating. to rectify it you must know what is what and when it was mixed. dairy is :- milk , butter , cheese , yoghurt , whey , MSG , lactic acid , and a host of other pacifiers used in the growing food chain. watch out for E-numbers too , equally deceptive .shampoo is rarely a diet issue. these additives are added to most packaged food , for instance , ham , should ham contain milk ?

• 1 month later...

Archived