GP won't treat veruccas

GP receptionists have every right to ask because it is their job to establish which member (and type) of staff a patient needs to see.

A verruca doesn't need a doctor.

No they don't !

Whilst I understand that patients need to be directed to the correct health care professionals, no patient should be made to divulge the nature of their problem to a non medical person since this has confidentialiy implications. No patient should be made to feel that they HAVE to discuss private issues with a receptionist !

:o REALLY?!?!? Sorry Daven.....not meant as a dig at you, but sometimes wonder why people ask for advice just to throw it back at you...see my previous post.....grrrrrrrrrr!!!

It wasn't Tony who posted the original question.

No they don't !

You are mixing up

GP receptionists have every right to ask .

with

no patient should be made to divulge the nature of their problem to a non medical person
and by saying
since this has confidentialiy implications. !
you're kidding yourself as well as others if you don't concede that every weird patient issue gets talked about (and laughed about) among staff.

You work in hospital, you know how it works. Why get so hung up about a receptionist trying to direct you to the right person when you ring up?

... after all, that's all that the OP is needing for his verruca.

You are mixing up

withand by sayingyou're kidding yourself as well as others if you don't concede that every weird patient issue gets talked about (and laughed about) among staff.

You work in hospital, you know how it works. Why get so hung up about a receptionist trying to direct you to the right person when you ring up?

... after all, that's all that the OP is needing for his verruca.

Every 'weird' patient (as you so eloquently describe them) who rings their GP surgery has the right to confidentiality and respect whether they have a verruca or suspect they may have a life threatening illness.

Please define 'weird'.

You work in medicine, not me, you define it, you'll know better than I do.

However I know enough people in every corner of the NHS to understand that confidentiality leaves the consulting room with the patient.

You know that too... don't you.

Every 'weird' patient (as you so eloquently describe them) who rings their GP surgery has the right to confidentiality and respect whether they have a verruca or suspect they may have a life threatening illness.

Please define 'weird'.

Have to back you up here Daven, I don't know what Tony is trying to get at....obviously the people he knows, and I quote ''in every corner of the NHS''...don't have much regard for their patients, or any professionalism.

Ok, I've had enough of the 'baiting' from Tony.

Daven, I suggest, like me...we'll walk away from this matter....

You work in medicine, not me, you define it, you'll know better than I do.

However I know enough people in every corner of the NHS to understand that confidentiality leaves the consulting room with the patient.

You know that too... don't you.

What 'people in every corner of the NHs' do you know exactly ?

'Weird' was your description - I think you should explain what exactly you mean by that.

Have to back you up here Daven, I don't know what Tony is trying to get at....obviously the people he knows, and I quote ''in every corner of the NHS''...don't have much regard for their patients, or any professionalism.

Ok, I've had enough of the 'baiting' from Tony.

Daven, I suggest, like me...we'll walk away from this matter....

I will Lilypiglet.

Night night God bless !

Archived