Nuisance texts!

What phone have you got? Some phones allow you to set different ring tongs and message tones for people in your phone book. If your phone allows, you could have certain numbers on loud and anything else silent.

HTC Desire. That's a good one, thanks. I've saved the number and set the message tone to silent. Would still like to blacklist the number from spamming up my phone though.

HTC Desire. That's a good one, thanks. I've saved the number and set the message tone to silent. Would still like to blacklist the number from spamming up my phone though.

There's a free app on the Android market called Cold Shoulder - you just download the app, then enter the number in that and bob's your uncle.

There's a free app on the Android market called Cold Shoulder - you just download the app, then enter the number in that and bob's your uncle.

That one had really awful reviews so I've downloaded Anti SMS Spam & Text.

• 1 month later...

Ok this is doing my head in now. I have about 20 different numbers in my blacklist but it's no use because they are now texting me from a different number each day! Got another one this morning. I could quite easily strangle whoever is responsible. How do they manage to operate from so many different mobile numbers??

Archived