Nuisance texts!

Ok this is doing my head in now. I have about 20 different numbers in my blacklist but it's no use because they are now texting me from a different number each day! Got another one this morning. I could quite easily strangle whoever is responsible. How do they manage to operate from so many different mobile numbers??

You can get apps that will block based on the content of the text rather than the number. If the messages have some common format that you are very unlikely to get in a normal text, you can block them based on that.

You can get apps that will block based on the content of the text rather than the number. If the messages have some common format that you are very unlikely to get in a normal text, you can block them based on that.

Do you know what any of these apps are called?

Do you know what any of these apps are called?

If you search for "android SMS filter" you'll find some. Not all of those will filter on message contents, so you'll have to check them out.

Some of them also require lots of permissions which are not necessary for simply filtering SMS's which I wasn't keen on, so I wrote a minimal filter program for my own use. It's not available for download anywhere though but if you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy.

If you search for "android SMS filter" you'll find some. Not all of those will filter on message contents, so you'll have to check them out.

Some of them also require lots of permissions which are not necessary for simply filtering SMS's which I wasn't keen on, so I wrote a minimal filter program for my own use. It's not available for download anywhere though but if you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy.

Ah cheers, will do.

For the past few days I've been getting up to 3 texts a day, every single day, mostly in the mornings which is soooooooooo irritating, from some money lenders. I have no idea why they have suddenly started harassing me but when I'm getting awoken every morning by these ****s it becomes too much. They go something like this -

"Hi, I haven't heard from you & I'm worried your creditors could be hassling you for payments. I can help. Call Debt Line 01202266453. OptOutTxt STOP."

Should I follow the instructions and text STOP back or is this some kind of scam to rinse money from your phone? I don't trust people like this so sorry if it's a stupid question. :hihi:

Goodness me its not difficult, just text STOP and it will STOP them , I've used that before loads of times with companies texts especially orange my provider :)

Goodness me its not difficult, just text STOP and it will STOP them , I've used that before loads of times with companies texts especially orange my provider :)

Well done, you've confirmed to them that your phone number is valid and you'll get sent all the more. You should never reply to spam, email or SMS.

Well done, you've confirmed to them that your phone number is valid and you'll get sent all the more. You should never reply to spam, email or SMS.

Talk about being paranoid, they already know that the phone number is valid :roll: Why make things difficult for yourself ;)

Talk about being paranoid, they already know that the phone number is valid :roll: Why make things difficult for yourself ;)

Not paranoid - it's easy enough to make up phone numbers.

Being distrustful of companies who send me lies about compensation for accidents I have not been in seems entirely reasonable to me.

Archived