Day 1 stopping smoking!

Has anyone else's stomach started rumbling and making noises all the time after they quit?

Yes but only because I'm constantly eating instead of smoking! I'm on day 12 & I've got a sore throat, though a friend did warn me that coughs and cold like symptoms are not uncommon

Yes but only because I'm constantly eating instead of smoking! I'm on day 12 & I've got a sore throat, though a friend did warn me that coughs and cold like symptoms are not uncommon

How many a day were you on? I was hoping by day 12 most of my symptoms would be gone?

I'm not having cravings but I'm getting fed up with body aches, hear aches etc etc :-(

How many a day were you on? I was hoping by day 12 most of my symptoms would be gone?

I'm not having cravings but I'm getting fed up with body aches, hear aches etc etc :-(

It was 20 a day, but I gradually cut down to 10 a day. Then I stopped. I don't get body aches - but one of the reasons that I quit (apart from the cost) was that I was getting headaches quite frequently.

One bit of info that I came across last week was that some people who give up smoking have really strange symptoms. You mentioned body aches, headaches - they're quite common apparently (known as 'ex smokers flu'). It does disappear though

Going well here, even went out last night, had about 5 pints and still didn't have one, even though I feared I might be tempted.

Still getting loads of stomach noises though, starting to worry me a little. Don't think I'm eating more either, although maybe I am without realising. No pain, gloating, constipation just a frequent array of noises now ?

Going well here, even went out last night, had about 5 pints and still didn't have one, even though I feared I might be tempted.

Still getting loads of stomach noises though, starting to worry me a little. Don't think I'm eating more either, although maybe I am without realising. No pain, gloating, constipation just a frequent array of noises now ?

Array of noises? You mean wind? If so I thought that was just me and eating more crunchy bran! You on the patches too?

Very odd! I know that giving up smoking can cause digestion problems (like constipation - probably because smoking impacts on body's metabolism). My Stop Smoking guide from the NHS reccomends eating more fruit and veg,

Array of noises? You mean wind? If so I thought that was just me and eating more crunchy bran! You on the patches too?

No I'm not on patches, just did it cold turkey. Only things I've noticed are

1.coughing up c**p

2.increased appetite

3.stomach rumbling

4.few headaches

5.few aches and pains in my back.

All these have come on after I stopped, rang doctor and he said none of these were related to stopping smoking, I suspect he said that though so I didn't think starting smoking again would help.

Archived