Day 1 stopping smoking!

well for some crappy excuse or another i'l not bore you. but yes i'v had a fag today, gona try again on monday thats the date i've set. only telling the truth. i will beat it!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Have you thought about deciding on a treat for each day that you get through a day without smoking?

As I hate cleaning, I used to tell myself that when I mopped the floor I could have a cup of coffee and a biscuit as a reward for having to do the cleaning.I used to be thinking about the coffee and biscuits all the time I was mopping the floor.

The thing is to be kind to yourself.Accept that it is hard but refocus why you are doing it and then try to stick to it.

I do believe the small treats help though in some small way.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Have you thought about deciding on a treat for each day that you get through a day without smoking?

As I hate cleaning, I used to tell myself that when I mopped the floor I could have a cup of coffee and a biscuit as a reward for having to do the cleaning.I used to be thinking about the coffee and biscuits all the time I was mopping the floor.

The thing is to be kind to yourself.Accept that it is hard but refocus why you are doing it and then try to stick to it.

I do believe the small treats help though in some small way.

nice idea, thanks for the post, im going to post my progress on here everyday, i hope many others join me tomorrow and quit the fags!!! never quit quitting!:)

nice idea, thanks for the post, im going to post my progress on here everyday, i hope many others join me tomorrow and quit the fags!!! never quit quitting!:)

I'll join you tomorrow Andy.

Here's a list of the benefits I'm looking forward to as a motivational tool:

- Less damage to lungs, heart, teeth, skin etc.

- Feeling generally fitter and more able to walk up hills/do intensive aerobics classes etc without feeling like I'm going to die/be sick/pass out.

- Fresher breath. All the better for snogging with :love:

- More money. Currently spend about £20 a week on baccy, filters, papers etc - considerably less than I would if I smoked proper fags but is still a lot of money as a percentage of my disposable (ha) income.

That'll do as a starter. I'm going to put £20 a week into a savings account and buy TREATS for each week I go without.

i am at 1week and 1 day, its funny but i sort of knew i was a non smoker from day 1, i got the patches, which i dont use, the damn things are more irritating than smoking, you got to nail them on other wise they stick to everything but you, i got the inhalater and 80 ish inserts, i havent used that either, last night i went playing poker, as soon as everybody found out i had stopped they began teasing and blowing smoke in my face (thanks for the support boys :P) ya know what...it dont bother me.

the money i save is paying for an open university course, so the less i smoke the more education i will get :love::love::love::huh:

I'll join you tomorrow Andy.

Here's a list of the benefits I'm looking forward to as a motivational tool:

- Less damage to lungs, heart, teeth, skin etc.

- Feeling generally fitter and more able to walk up hills/do intensive aerobics classes etc without feeling like I'm going to die/be sick/pass out.

- Fresher breath. All the better for snogging with :love:

- More money. Currently spend about £20 a week on baccy, filters, papers etc - considerably less than I would if I smoked proper fags but is still a lot of money as a percentage of my disposable (ha) income.

That'll do as a starter. I'm going to put £20 a week into a savings account and buy TREATS for each week I go without.

nice one, not long left! cram those last fags in:) tomorrow it begins!

i am at 1week and 1 day, its funny but i sort of knew i was a non smoker from day 1, i got the patches, which i dont use, the damn things are more irritating than smoking, you got to nail them on other wise they stick to everything but you, i got the inhalater and 80 ish inserts, i havent used that either, last night i went playing poker, as soon as everybody found out i had stopped they began teasing and blowing smoke in my face (thanks for the support boys :P) ya know what...it dont bother me.

the money i save is paying for an open university course, so the less i smoke the more education i will get :love::love::love::huh:

cant fault you! :)

Just clocked up two months off the cigs after years of 20+ a day , I used patches to start with but not used any of those either for the last month. It can be done if you want it badly enough :)

patches and inhalator work best for me, well done for stopping!!:) bring on tomorrow:nod:

Archived