Numtys reverse parking at supermarkets,

why do idiots reverse park at supermarkets then go get a trolley full of shopping then come back to the car and try to get the trolley between the cars......stupid idiots.

Answer me this, sir.

Why do semi-literate trolls come on to this forum starting threads about matters of no interest whatsoever?

I always drive in to spaces at the supermarket, mainly because it's easier to load the shopping once done. Plus reversing out is a doddle, but then, reversing is never difficult in any circumstances.

To the comment: then the trolley blocks the roadway... Do you drive a lorry to the supermarket or do you not have any spatial awareness?

Re: forklift trucks being rear steer, it's because with a single wheel on the back the turning circle can be reduced to such a point as the fork lift can be rotated on a penny, whilst moving within confined spaces. So not really a valid point.

And for four wheeled forklifts? Which are also rear steering?

It's always easier to manoevere something when the steering endy bit isn't constrained. That's why forklifts have their steering wheels at the back where they are not constrained, and why cars are easier to reverse in and drive out, rather than drive in and reverse out.

Of course the easiest solution of all to carparking is to just drive through a double row and park on the far bay - you never have to reverse at all then.

The thing that lights my blue touchpaper is people driving fast in supermarket car parks (15-20mph) ironically, often people who have seen a parent and child space in the next row and want to nab it before somebody else. There are two things that many large supermarket car parks have in common and they are,

1. No pavements

2. Families, ie kids, stepping out between cars.

It's hard to think of a more dangerous place to deck the accelerator

I usually park as far away as possible in the car park from the supermarket entrance. This way it doesn't matter which way you park, reverse or drive in and you still have acres of room for yourself. It also saves time getting stuck in traffic nearer the entrance because people have to be inches away from the door otherwise it's a travesty.

I prefer to reverse right up to the entrance of the supermarket in my Landrover (through the doors if it's raining). Some of the supermarkets make it a bit difficult but then it's easy to park across two disabled spaces which are near enough.

It's not. The steering gear is at the end that has most freedom when you have reversed into the space. Ever wondered why forklift trucks have rear wheel steering?

You owe Alchresearch an apology.

Could it be that the forks and weight are at the front.

why do idiots reverse park at supermarkets then go get a trolley full of shopping then come back to the car and try to get the trolley between the cars......stupid idiots.

what about the idiots that walk at the back of your car when you are reversing out of the parking space after shopping, it always happens to me

Archived