Numtys reverse parking at supermarkets,

If cars park rear to rear, how do you get your shopping in the boot ??? That is the issue in question, not which smartarse is the best reverser. Its like parking with the rear of your car up against a wall, how do you get into the boot ??? Simples :loopy:

I just chuck the bottles of wine on the passenger seat. Simples.

My pet hate at the supermarket carpark is people walking behind the car while I try and reverse into a space. :rant: Arggh! Idiots!

It is indeed. It was a sad day when bumper bars were deleted from a car's specification.

I've never put that to the test by parking flush up against a wall, but thinking about it you're probably right. (Well, obviously you're right about your own car... I mean it may well apply to ours too!)

It will depend on the car;).

I can park with the bumper touching a wall, and still open the boot (a normal saloon). I can't if using my friends though (an estate).

I can never understand why anyone would reverse into a single available parking bay anywhere. Its much easier to reverse out, there's much more room..

You might need the room some of us dont and do it in the winter and you wont be able to see out of the windows making you more of a hazard.

I do that by opening it. I've never yet known the car behind me to have parked up so close as to make that impossible. (Probably because the driver would be causing himself the same problem if he were to do it!)

I might have expected you to be 'one of those t***ts who drags his trolley between the cars causing scratches, dings etc. If we ALL drive in forwards that would not happen...........but you cant educate pork.........:loopy::loopy::loopy:

From a driving point of view, it's easiest to manouvre with the steerable wheels in the open space; so, assuming you still steer the Porsche with the front wheels, you'd still back it in and drive out.

A forklift has steerable rear wheels because you HAVE to go into a storage bay front-first to pick stuff up on the forks. Hence you're going to be reversing out, so they make the rear wheels steerable.

A competent driver should, all things being equal, be able to park either way round without difficulty, but not all things are always equal.

One day some of the posters on here will disappear up there own arses. :loopy:

Now I know the loopy emoticon annoys people I love to use it even more !!!

wastin ur time nimrod, thick as s**t some of these on here, like Ive said before, its the ones that dont work that sit infront of the pc all day waiting for giro day, they know everthing about nothing, but yet theyve been nowhere or done owt but can advise on everthing and everthing through the blinkers they wear, narcissistic numptys. :) :)

Archived