The Bowie Contingent - 'Hunky Dory' Live! || West Street Live || 29th May

richford

On Sunday 29th May 2011, Bowie tribute act, The Bowie Contingent return to the live stage to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the album seen by many as Bowie's musical masterpiece....'Hunky Dory'.

They will be interpreting the album live...IN ITS ENTIRETY!

As the precursor to Bowie's The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, Hunky Dory points in many of the same musical directions as... Ziggy. It saw Bowie camping it up outrageously through a mixture of cabaret piano, coquettish lyrics and soaring vocals. It proved his mettle as a masterful singer-songwriter. Not a dull note is struck on the whole album, which flits from opener "Changes" to the vampy "Oh! You Pretty Thing" to the heart-wrenching "Life On Mars" with a seemingly impeccable ear for a tune. It's flirty, sexy and irresistibly seductive....

As the headline act of the annual 'ALL TIME FAVOURITES - COVERS SPECIAL ALL-DAYER' at West Street Live, Sheffield, UK, The Bowie Contingent will be taking to the stage at approximately 11:15pm - but don't worry....it's a Bank Holiday the next day!

Watch and listen as The Bowie Contingent perform....

"Changes"

"Oh! You Pretty Things"

"Eight Line Poem"

"Life on Mars?"

"Kooks"

"Quicksand"

"Fill Your Heart"

"Andy Warhol"

"Song for Bob Dylan"

"Queen Bitch"

"The Bewlay Brothers"

Plus some extra special surprises...

FREE ENTRY!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree they are indeed an excellent band but whose daft idea was it to put them on at 11.15!! Perhaps a tad late?

Late? On the night before a bank holiday when most people don't have to be up the next day? Nah! We're a late bar that's open til 4am! Tonight's band played til 2am and we still had a packed room when they finished! :-)

Well it's too late for me and my partner. We would have liked to have seen them but with having plans the next day it's simply too late for us.

aww, shame... Still I'm sure our other customers will enjoy them in your absence :-)

Archived