Supervised Methadone Taking - Boots Drakehouse

I imagine most heroin addicts don't have a job so they're entitled to free prescriptions. Would you rather they were still on the skag out mugging old ladies for their next fix or getting a free dose of methadone which they'll be weaned off eventually?

I'd prefer they were being dosed with heroin instead of methadone, so that they could lead a normal life, go back to work and pay taxes. As used to happen prior to 1968.

I'd prefer they were being dosed with heroin instead of methadone, so that they could lead a normal life, go back to work and pay taxes. As used to happen prior to 1968.

Dia morphine was the order of the day and people could function normally and lead a healthy law abiding life. The government in all their wisdom decided that dia morphine was gonna be stopped, and that they were gonna use the god awful stuff which is, synthetic methadone. It is just as if not more addictive than heroin might I add.

a chemist in the next town from us (chav city) has had a door fitted to the side of the building where they go in away from the "normal" chemist shoppers.

when the chemist is shut it has a big metal shutter comes down over the door

I totally agree with you HN. I've never been totally au fait with why that decision was taken?

I totally agree with you HN. I've never been totally au fait with why that decision was taken?

Because heroin use increased massively in the 60's. I guess the government felt under a situation when usage went up by 200%ish compounded every 2 years that giving new adicts their street drug of choice the same drug for nothing was maybe adding to usage.

Because heroin use increased massively in the 60's. I guess the government felt under a situation when usage went up by 200%ish compounded every 2 years that giving new adicts their street drug of choice the same drug for nothing was maybe adding to usage.

Perhaps it was; there were 2,096 registered addicts by 1968.

On the other hand, there were over half a million addicts after 20 years of outlawing the stuff. That doesn't seem to have worked either.

If he'd just taken methadone the most you'd have to worry about was him falling asleep somewhere near you. You could probably have pushed him over with a feather.

Yeah after i posted this i looked into it abit and read that it makes you sleepy and 'relaxed' also read though that over 25% of people taking methadone are still injecting.

Hang on a minute !

How do you no he was a herion addict and getting a free script?

Well i dont know for certain but id say i was about 99% sure he was a heroin addict. His image more then anything.

It must have been terrifying to see someone sip a bit of liquid.

Wasnt terrifying no. Just made me feel abit uneasy. You do hear storys about addicts robbing people. In a way id rather have been stood their with a lady getting her monthlys then a 'junkie' getting his fix. :)

Archived