Roberto Di Matteo - Next Blades manager?

BLADES-EELA

McCabe's playing a blinder here with the smokescreen to appease the fans whilst he goes for the cheap option again.

- Di Matteo linked with job, all the fans are creaming themselves.

- Blades can't afford Di Matteo.

- Danny Wilson linked with job, all the fans are in uproar.

- Job goes to Pemberton, cheap option again, but the fans are so relieved not to get Wilson that they're happy with Pemberton, and forget all about Di Matteo.

Dont worry Its only Titanic speculating !!

I would be very surprised if its going to be Danny Wilson ! Even more surprised if Titanics got a post correct.:hihi:

The big problem is wilson and McCabe are friends and neighbours in their holiday homes.

wilson is not as daft as it sounds but would be a stepbackwards from Adams IMO.

The big problem is wilson and McCabe are friends and neighbours in their holiday homes.

Step backwards? Surely the worst he can do is take you down, which would be an equal step to Adams?

Step backwards? Surely the worst he can do is take you down, which would be an equal step to Adams?

Not really it depends to which league.

Do you consider Irvine and Megson a srep backwards from Laws?.

I do to be honest and always did regarding Irvine.

Not really it depends to which league.

Do you consider Irvine and Megson a srep backwards from Laws?.

I do to be honest and always did regarding Irvine.

I suppose the league you get relegated from is relevant.

I think i'll reserve judgement on Megson.

The will to win and fight instilled over the last few games (except second half against Exeter...ooh that was bad :hihi:) has been a marked improvement from the Irvine days.

I liked Laws, he made a few mistakes but so did Irvine.

Difficult one to call mate.

I suppose the league you get relegated from is relevant.

I think i'll reserve judgement on Megson.

The will to win and fight instilled over the last few games (except second half against Exeter...ooh that was bad :hihi:) has been a marked improvement from the Irvine days.

I liked Laws, he made a few mistakes but so did Irvine.

Difficult one to call mate.

Bad directors have destroyed United more than bad managers.

As for wednesday a combination of directors and an element of their fans have aided their demise. IMO.

I can honestly promise if any ex pig gets the job, i shall not reknew my season ticket.

I am not saying i would stay away, but the club would not get my 100% commitment or my advance money.

I will be travelling a lot this season and may be tempted to take up more of the premiership "prawn sandwich" days out.

Wilson is not the answer, if thats the calibre of manager we are seeking, then i too consider Adams a better option.

Bad directors have destroyed United more than bad managers.

As for wednesday a combination of directors and an element of their fans have aided their demise. IMO.

Laws was very underated by owls fans in general,Irvine,whilst a great coaching ability,didnt make the step up as a manager,not ruthless enough.

Wilson.....lost his star strikers since last years playoff achievement,and swindon suffered as a result,quality strikers dont come easily.Hes not a bad choice.

What a difference a few days makes in football, Pemberton now shoots out to a massive 16/1 with Di Matteo out at similar odds, however Danny Wilson and Mark Robins challenging head to head with odds changing regularly between 11/10 to 4/6, nobody else close to these two in the betting with the next best out at 10/1.

Managers Honours To Date:

Danny Wilson -

Promotions

1996–97: Division One Runner Up (promotion to The Premier League) – Barnsley

2006–07: League Two Runner Up (promotion to League One) – Hartlepool United

Cups

2002–03: Football League Trophy Winner – Bristol City

Awards

1997 LMA Manager of the Year

Mark Robins -

Has no Honours as a manager but then again he's only been managing a few years therefore plenty of time to gain some, however he has a wealth of experience and many honours as a player including winning the F.A Cup, Charity Shield, Uefa Cup Winners Cup and Super Cup as well as the English League Cup.

You forgot one -

Danny Wilson

1999/2000 relegation Sheffield Wednesday

But, I should point out that he did pick up the Premier League's Manager of the Month award in January 2000, while David Blunkett called for his head in January 2000

Archived