Bus changes -Sheffield Area w/c 23rd July 2011

Stagecoach Sheffield Changes from July:

25/52/120/123 will have route and timetable changes

20/20a route change

further changes still expected later this week....keep checking

Few more added today 3/6/11:

First 40/41 Withdrawn

Stagecoach x5/216 timetable change

Below are some details from the DCC website re July changes on Sheffield to Derbyshire services:

Service 25 (First South Yorks): This service will be curtailed and will no longer serve Derbyshire. New service 27 will provide an alternative facility between Killamarsh and Rotherham.

Service 28 (First South Yorks): This service will be withdrawn.

Service 49 (First South Yorks): This service will be curtailed to run between Sheffield, Killamarsh and Norwood, and only a few buses will serve Spinkhill

Service 252/X52 (TM Travel): The 0630 Birk Hill – Eckington – Sheffield and 1912 Sheffield – Eckington – Halfway buses will be withdrawn

Service X26 (TM Travel): The 0625 Killamarsh to Sheffield bus will be withdrawn

Good job they're not changing the 31, that service is about as reliable as a Tory Minister as it is! :rant:

I wrote to TM Travel to complain about the lack of reliability of the 31, especially after 4 PM 2 weeks ago, no response from the company, not even an acknowledgement of the letter, so I rang up on Wednesday, and they said they're putting an Inspector on the route to see why it's so unreliable, result!

Reason why the Peak Time Runs are late = West Bar

The state the punters leave the buses in is disgraceful too, you're drowning in OAP/Mobility Tickets! :loopy:

It as been confirmed that the city wide is issued and is available on its buses in the citywide area :

But if I get on the X10 in Shiregreen (tates travel, barnsley operator) and want to go to meadowhall on it, I cant buy a citywide or even a south yorkshire day trip thingy. They cant issue them. Real pain in the ass, trying to get one going from Barnsley to Meadowhall.. sometimes I want to get another bus/train but cant... as I cant buy a day trip valid on all services, only a day saver for tates. What good is that? I can catch about 8 buses :hihi:

But if I get on the X10 in Shiregreen (tates travel, barnsley operator) and want to go to meadowhall on it, I cant buy a citywide or even a south yorkshire day trip thingy. They cant issue them. Real pain in the ass, trying to get one going from Barnsley to Meadowhall.. sometimes I want to get another bus/train but cant... as I cant buy a day trip valid on all services, only a day saver for tates. What good is that? I can catch about 8 buses :hihi:

Tates? A quality operator in the bus industry. Not...

Go to a pte travel shop get a complaint form and fill it in . Ask them why tates dont issue them .

Archived