How old! is too old! to retrain?

Hello Folks - I've been toying with the idea of retraining through College while still holding down a regular job, but was wanting to ask the nice judgemental folk on SF, what age is too old to start a new career?

Thanx

Without knowing the specifics I don't think there is a too old as long as your interested and commited

It's a 4 year course if i pass everything first time round, that would make me 38 after the course.

@0742 Yeah mate! i wish i had been more interested, years back now

My ex-work colleague took and passed a degree in cognitive behaviour therapy when she was in her 50's and now at the age of 63 (when most people are thinking of retiring) she is employed at a very senior level in a hospice. She says that she cannot believe that at her age she has such a fantastic and well paid job!

It's a 4 year course if i pass everything first time round, that would make me 38 after the course.

@0742 Yeah mate! i wish i had been more interested, years back now

I did well back in school. My problem is being self employed in the building industry has taken it's toll over the last few years. The stress of finding work has led to a situation where i actually hate my job now.

Then there is the problem of what to retrain for.

Archived