Death on the telly (BBC1 12/05/11)

The left wing, pro assisted suicide campaigners had the ear of the left wing, pro assisted suicide element within the BBC to get this programe aired, to desensitise us all to the sensitive issue of death.

What a load of tosh.

Agreed i have posted only this week on the cost of pre paid funerals no one seems to want to know its as though every one thinks there here forever!

To be honest, not read your post on pre-paid funerals, but I think the reason that most people would not want to consider one is that they maybe have life insurance which would pay any costs, and also, the proceeds from the sale of any property.

When my husband and I have gone, our kids will be very well off, so that's the least they can do for us, provide a decent funeral out of the proceeds.

The left wing, pro assisted suicide campaigners had the ear of the left wing, pro assisted suicide element within the BBC to get this programe aired, to desensitise us all to the sensitive issue of death.

Eh?!

Death is no more unnatural than birth and growing old. Why is it a bad thing to be exposed to it? We, as a nation, have for too long hidden away from the issue of death and I think that should change.

Good grief! Whatever next will TV bosses think to televise in the name of entertainment? Maybe "The Death Factor" or "Death in Their Eyes" or "A Death for Europe"

I sometimes deathspair!

You didn't watch this excellent educational science programme then?

Good grief! Whatever next will TV bosses think to televise in the name of entertainment? Maybe "The Death Factor" or "Death in Their Eyes" or "A Death for Europe"

I sometimes deathspair!

I believe, from what I heard, the programme was an educational view of death. I don't see the problem, if that's the case.

Did anyone ACTUALLY WATCH the programme? I did. It wasn't a sensationalist piece. I didn't even realise the programme I was watching (about the human body) was the programme in question until it came to the section with the old chap (who was an absolute star and seemed like an wonderful man). It wasn't graphic, it wasn't anything I hadn't seen before and the programme was not about watching someone die.

Archived